Status
Not open for further replies.

EP

Well this is my first post. Got to say I love all the info I get out of this forum. I think my wife thinks I am adicted to oil. After reading many post I have just purchaced a case of Schaeffers 7000. It will be going in a 98 chevy z-71 and a 99 olds. The rep that delivered my oil right to my place of work. Was showing me his latest oil test. One vehicle has 10,000 miles and the other has 20,000 miles on the same oil. The only thing he will run at all is 15-40.
Were I live in Oregon the temp is usually around 30-40 degrees in the cold months of winter, so he says there is no problems with start up. I plan on changing my oil every 6000 miles or 6 months. Is this to soon? I live one mile from work so alot of days my truck doesn`t even come up to normal temp. I know that isn`t the best thing for a engine. One more question what is a good filter? I run pure one, should I look at any others? The oil rep loves Wix. Also want to thank Bob for giving me some pointers.
Many Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by EP:
One more question what is a good filter? I run pure one, should I look at any others? The oil rep loves Wix. Also want to thank Bob for giving me some pointers.
Many Thanks

Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your stay. To answer your oil filter question, I suggest perusing through the Oil Filter forum. As for Purolator filters, they are good filters just like Wix.

Regards,

Oz

EP, would you mind sharing who you're buying from? Are they on this board? I'm trying to get an order going & local would be great.

Thanks,
David

welcome.gif

Before deciding on an oil change interval, you should use oil analysis to figure this out.

As far as filters go, the Wix filters don't filter down all that small, from what I understand they are basically a 25-30 micron filter. There are much better ones out there.

EP,

If I may repost the info a Champion labs phone rep told me.

Mobil 1 filter = nominally efficient (50% filtration) to 10 micons

Bosch premium = nominally efficient to 15 microns

From someone else that called champion labs

Walmart Supertech = nominally efficient to 20 microns

Thanks for the responces on the oil filters everbody.

[ September 16, 2002, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

I totally understand Bob. I don`t want to take business away from the guys that offer lots of good info. Including you.
Many Thanks

EP.
Another welcome here! Is that EP for Extreme Pressure?
smile.gif

That has been my last couple days,,headed off to the the Shaeffers Data page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back