New member, so happy to be here!

Hey all!!

new member here but was a follower years ago.
I currently own (other than my work car) 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (3.7 V6) 8 spd transmission 14,000km and 2005 Ford Mustang GT (4.6 V8) 5 spd manual 32,000kmđź‘Ś.
As for engine oil, I exclusively use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 for both. At this point have been using OEM oil filters with each oil change.
I would absolutely love any tips and or tricks (regarding fluids) for either of these vehicles.

Thanks so much in advance everyone!!!!

Sean

Hi and welcome !
i have had 3 mustangs 2004 GT , 2012 3.7 and 2015 GT.
In the 04 and 12 i used valvoline maxlife 0w20 and 5w20 with OEM oil filters.
In the 15 i have used maxlife 0w20 and 5w30 with OEM filters.
In the 15 i noticed zero difference in fuel mileage between oils but seems quieter on the 5w30 ?
also on the 15 i did a complete transmission drain and fill with OEM fluids and filter at 50000 miles, fluid came out really clean looking and very little dirt on the magnet .

Last edited:
As for engine oil, I exclusively use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 for both. At this point have been using OEM oil filters with each oil change.
I would absolutely love any tips and or tricks (regarding fluids) for either of these vehicles.
Keep doing this ^^. Absolutely nothing wrong with those choices and it would be real hard to prove a different oil or different filter is "better".

sorry bud, this place is for guys with 200k mile minivans and crown vics that wait for supertech to go on sale and buy 10 jugs at a time. you’re in the wrong place!
Ignore the above!

OP welcome! Hope you like it here. Lots of good discussion and expertise here.

Hey another low mileage S197 owner. I have a original owner (that would be me) 2006 torch red Mustang GT 5 speed manual with 26,600km on it. I've been running 5w20 PP but may start using a thicker 5w20 in it this year.

Any mods on your Mustang?

Hey all!!

new member here but was a follower years ago.
I currently own (other than my work car) 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (3.7 V6) 8 spd transmission 14,000km and 2005 Ford Mustang GT (4.6 V8) 5 spd manual 32,000kmđź‘Ś.

Thanks so much in advance everyone!!!!

Sean
I gave you your first like because spelling. Even though I know more than once you have heard Sea Anne, is there a Sea ANNNE here? :)

Welcome to the forums from another!

Edit: Just to add now that it is on my mind. When I was in school I had a fellow student who's name was Seamus. We sat 2 chairs from each other and the teachers always managed to get his name right and my name wrong. I never understood that.

Back