New member here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after some in depth readings on Shaeffer's oil versus some others, I will be switching very soon. I am a regular at Honda Tech and recently purchased an Integra Type R after owning a Integra GS-R for over 5 years. Anyway, I used Castrol GTX in the GS-R for the first 45k miles, then switched to Mobil 1 at 90k, then finally switched to Amsoil this past spring. Upon the purchase of the R, I switched to Amsoil also. I realized some oil analysis reports weren't so hot for Amsoil, but different engines treat oil differently. Also, I never went over 4000 miles on Amsoil with my GS-R and I am on my 2nd oil change with Amsoil.... 1st had 3200 miles on it and now have 1800 on my 2nd batch. I myself along with others will never trust or believe that 25k interval BS. But point being, this R will become my summer car/track beast, so I'm thinking moly can only help things. Plan is to stick with 10w30. Enough of my rambling. Oil analysis coming soon with this batch of Amsoil and next spring with Shaeffer's since the R will be stored for the winter. Thanks to everyone for great info on this site.

cheers.gif
... very appropriate icon for a Wisconsin member.

[ September 14, 2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Welcome.
patriot.gif
There is a lot of talent on this board. Hopefully you will learn a lot as I have. Some folks here are just plain oil-nuts.
gr_eek2.gif

BrewCity,
Another welcome! I like those cars like you have,first one I saw was on the transport truck my 69 400 Firebird came on,it was yellow and really cool looking.I also think you will be very happy with the 10/30 Shaeffers oil but remember,it seems the moly gets used up plating parts the first change,2nd change will start showing the benefits of the moly but moly being a good thing,it is not the only good part of the product,lowest cPs' I have seen in a blend oil and still maintain hi temp protection

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Welcome.
patriot.gif
There is a lot of talent on this board. Hopefully you will learn a lot as I have. Some folks here are just plain oil-nuts.
gr_eek2.gif

Guilty as charged!
tongue.gif

welcome.gif
aboard! We'll be interested in seeing your results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back