New Mazda 2.5T oil consumption?

I did not check regularly. The only time I pulled the dipstick was when the light turned on (at 3800miles)
I bought a new F150 in 2018. Even with a new vehicle I was in the habit of checking oil every fuel up. Also heard that other Ford engines were known to use up to a liter every 1000 km, & was even considered "normal" by dealers.

Update to the thread as my appointment was today. Service advisor topped it off as it was 1qt low (knew that already). They did say that Mazda knows this is a problem but they don't have a fix yet. Right now it's going to be in the monitor phase and report back when it's low again. (my guess in about 2.5-3k miles). They said this was the 4th CX-30 turbo that came in to that particular dealership.

I wonder what it might be.

Update to the thread as my appointment was today. Service advisor topped it off as it was 1qt low (knew that already). They did say that Mazda knows this is a problem but they don't have a fix yet. Right now it's going to be in the monitor phase and report back when it's low again. (my guess in about 2.5-3k miles). They said this was the 4th CX-30 turbo that came in to that particular dealership.

I wonder what it might be.
Our 2020 2.5T uses about a quart every 4k miles as well. Dealer said the same thing...

We have a 2012 Mazda 5 with the 2.5L. Never shows oil usage between changes and I use 0-20 full synthetic oil every 5K miles. Yesterday it turned 133K miles. It has been the most reliable car we have owned. No major repairs. Tires, brakes wipers and one battery. Put 2new shocks on the back and did a transmission oil and filter. Wish they still made them.
06-13 all Mazda models with MZR engines are in essence indestructible

Back