New M1 Formulation and Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading that Mobil recently reformulated their oils. Does the new formulation exhibit the infamous M1 noise? People reporting increased engine noise when running on M1?

What do you think caused the M1 noise in the first place? I know noise is highly subjective but dozens if not hundreds of people reported this. It makes it hard to dismiss.

I've been using M1 almost exclusively since 1990 or so, and have never encountered any unusual or unexpected noise from any of the engines in which I've used the products.
I've been reading that Mobil recently reformulated their oils. Does the new formulation exhibit the infamous M1 noise? People reporting increased engine noise when running on M1?

What do you think caused the M1 noise in the first place? I know noise is highly subjective but dozens if not hundreds of people reported this. It makes it hard to dismiss.

1759 posts on this Board, Bitog is about members posting about oils they have used as opposed to talking about oils they have not used.. 2 put it another way just because you read something does not mean its true.

Hundreds? Really?

Even dozens is a stretch for my collective memory. I'm thinking about 5-10 perhaps. Mostly people that have come... and gone from the board.

I am using M1 5w30 and 0w20 EP HM and very quiet in the 3 engines in sig.

Last edited:
American Cryptids, tomorrow on Nova

1671567272133.jpg
1671567372187.jpg
1671567489395.jpg
1671567545820.jpg
=NOISE

Last edited:
Funny how certain oils can make engines quiet, but NO WAY an oil can make one louder.

M1 0w-30 made my prius sound like it threw a rod bearing in cold (
I continued to use it knowing it was a solid oil..
True and it does happen for unknown reasons.

Original formula made my engine sound like "All I Want for Christmas is You" was playing.

New formula sounds like "Underneath the Tree" is playing.

Still makes noise, it's just a different noise.

I don’t believe a single word in this post

Do you know how many formulas they produce - which one are you asking about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back