New license plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
An officer could be driving around on regular patrol or conducting Radar speed monitoring and see anyone with expired plates, invalid insurance and/or stolen vehicles with a message popping up on their screen using an antenna sniffing the signal beacons in the areas.
Too big brother I guess...
smirk2.gif

Florida has been using that system for awhile now..I have seen alot more people being stuffed into the back of cruisers wearing bracelets since that took effect.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
If anything they would have an RFID tag that could be scanned, why a bar-code? Why even a plate, why not an electronic transmitter that is always emitting a beacon signal so law enforcement could find a vehicle anywhere in an area of say 1500 FT? like WiFi networks? Much more efficient no?

An officer could be driving around on regular patrol or conducting Radar speed monitoring and see anyone with expired plates, invalid insurance and/or stolen vehicles with a message popping up on their screen using an antenna sniffing the signal beacons in the areas.

Too big brother I guess...
smirk2.gif

How would this affect revenue?

It would be good for revenue because they could pull more people off the road with infractions because they would be able to "see" more of them using this technology IMO.
wink.gif

They killed the speeding ticket idea because of legality issues. I do know it was mentioned in some New York newspapers a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back