New laptop sleep hibernate

Purchased a new Levono AMD laptop with SSD. It's screaming fast compared to anything I've had in the past. It's so fast and I'm wondering if it's actually sleeping or hibernating. I touch any key and it's there. Immediately. Is that because of SSD? Or is something not configured correctly. I checked it says it's running the default configuration. Sleep in 30 minutes hibernate in 180 minutes

What processor are you running? Within the last year it worked out that I needed to purchase a laptop for me, a unit for my kids to use, and a desktop for a political campaign I was tapped to run. My laptop and desktop are Dell units running I9 10th Gen 2.8 and they are very fast even with running very large RAW image files. The I5 in the kids desktop unit is really everything you could ask for unless utilizing some heavy use applications like photo/video editing or heavy gaming.

We mainly use Lenovo now at my work. They are quite fast although we tend to disable the sleep/hibernate options due to the issues it seems to cause with the various programs we run. The new Ryzen chips are very good.

Purchased a new Levono AMD laptop with SSD. It's screaming fast compared to anything I've had in the past. It's so fast and I'm wondering if it's actually sleeping or hibernating. I touch any key and it's there. Immediately. Is that because of SSD? Or is something not configured correctly. I checked it says it's running the default configuration. Sleep in 30 minutes hibernate in 180 minutes
If you haven't updated for a while the newer machines with SSD's are very fast. It is probably working as you stated. I don't use hibernate, but sleep is very fast.

What processor are you running? Within the last year it worked out that I needed to purchase a laptop for me, a unit for my kids to use, and a desktop for a political campaign I was tapped to run. My laptop and desktop are Dell units running I9 10th Gen 2.8 and they are very fast even with running very large RAW image files. The I5 in the kids desktop unit is really everything you could ask for unless utilizing some heavy use applications like photo/video editing or heavy gaming.

Lenovo - IdeaPad S340 15" Touch-Screen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 3700U - 12GB Memory - 512GB Solid State Drive - Abyss Blue

If it comes on with any key, that's likely from sleep mode and not hibernate. Usually hibernate requires hitting the power button to bring back on. Just speaking from experience with PCs, not that I have this brand or model to reference. Also maybe make sure your settings are for sleep timer and not just turn off display timer.

I've found that most of the speed we gained in computers is from the SSD upgrade. My nearly 10 year old i7 3770 machine, which is ancient by today standards, is actually plenty fast even running greedy programs. With an Evo SSD 860 and 24 GB RAM, it's plenty fast for my work.

I guess SSD is different than what I'm used to. No spinning up of the hard drive after sleeping. Boom! its just there.

How long does SSD last vs a hard drive?

Back