New label for GC? Not German any more?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

Just came back from AutoZone in an unsuccessful quest to get someone to help me diagnose my A/C troubles. While I was there, I looked at the 'wall of oil'. It appears that Castrol has just gone to a slightly different label design on the Syntec line and, more importantly.........

Where it used to say, "Made in Germany", it now says, "Made in the U.S. from domestic and imported components."

Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmmmmm.........."

shocked.gif

Ashley

No, they had the GC too. Right behind it was the new label design. I checked all the other weights and it was the same. Old stock with new right behind it.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought the 0W30 made in the USA has always said "Made in the U.S. from domestic and imported components."

For me, the real way to check is to see if the oil is GC is if the oil meets the ACAE B3 or VW 502 specs.

The Made in the USA stuff does not meet either, however the GC does.

Curtis,

Just checked the current US website. 0W-30 weight shows both those certifications. Again, hmmmmmmmmm.............

Ashley

Pretty sure the website has always said that regarding the 0W30....you would have to check the back of the bottle to confirm. The Autozone I goto only has the GC stuff, I haven't seen the Made in the USA 0W30 in quite awhile.

Might even be worth a trip back to Autozone (or a phone call) to see if the product you are referencing meets ACAE B3....I know for sure the old Made in USA 0W30 did not.

If it does, then there are some changes that have taken place for sure!

Flash,

Calm down...the very latest label design with the BP "flower" on the back still carries SLX...batch M040

News Flash! German Castrol is now being made by Poland. It now comes in a 30-0w.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
News Flash! German Castrol is now being made by Poland. It now comes in a 30-0w.
grin.gif

Buster....um-m-m....how do I say this...um-m-m...
withalldorespecttothepeopleofPolishdescentonthisboard....I LIKE IT!!!! (exhuberance...not screaming)

I don't know if we should be posting such jokes against the Polish Nation... They'll be protesting in millions at the offices of AOL
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Joke stolen from a comic appearing on the Opie and Anthony Show

I'm part Polish. My mom's maiden name ended in ski.
wink.gif
It's always fun to whip out the Polish Joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back