New Kimber

My youngest son has been drooling over one of these so I picked one up for him.

Caliber is 9MM to stay within my selected platform. Now to clean and lube before taking it out on the range. I have a set of custom grips being made from the decking of the Battleship Texas to go with it.

FBAevs.jpg

FBAkyG.jpg

Well well look at Mr. Moneybags here who is going to shoot a caliber that can't be reasonably replenished right now... 🧐

Nice pistol- is that a stainless steel frame or aluminum? WRT availability, reload and never look back! My 9mm supply is measured by volume (quarts), not rounds.

Nice pistol- is that a stainless steel frame or aluminum? WRT availability, reload and never look back! My 9mm supply is measured by volume (quarts), not rounds.
It is all stainless steel. They do make a model that has an aluminum frame.

Since I plan far ahead and am able to recognize the signs of an impending shortage, your statement in no way applies to me.
Some people are ants and some are grasshoppers. You and I are ants.

My friend has the one with alloy frame, full size 45acp, crazy accurate. I've been trying to buy it off him for two years now!
I reload both 45 and 9mm and have adequate supplies to last for next couple years or more.

Well well look at Mr. Moneybags here who is going to shoot a caliber that can't be reasonably replenished right now... 🧐
C’mon, man, really?

Jealousy? That’s what you got out of this? Do you post with the same pettiness in new car/truck threads?

He’s been pistol shopping for a while, see his other posts, and he has the ammo because he planned ahead. He buys a nice gun, for his son, a very nice gift, and all you have is this garbage post?

Caliber is 9MM to stay within my selected platform. Now to clean and lube before taking it out on the range. I have a set of custom grips being made from the decking of the Battleship Texas to go with it.

FBAevs.jpg

FBAkyG.jpg

Nice 1911. I see it has "YONKERS, NY" on the frame. Pretty soon they will no longer carry that mark. Great gift to give you son.

Great looking firearm. Now I’m drooling..:p

Just did some reading on Kimber. Did not know they are recently headquartered in Alabama.
Yes, as @BISCUT noted, the "Yonkers, NY" designation may soon be a memory. The fit and finish on it is very nice. The Battleship Texas grips will be a nice nostalgic touch, especially since he is in JROTC and plans to go into the Navy after high school.

FBAevs.jpg

FBAkyG.jpg
Hi
My Lexicon is insufficient to adequately describe just how envious of your son i am right now. I hope he appreciates his Dad. Hopefully he will pass it to his children and this will be cherished for generations to come.

Lovely touch when the new grips arrive.

Nice 1911. I see it has "YONKERS, NY" on the frame. Pretty soon they will no longer carry that mark. Great gift to give you son.
The whole made in New York etched in was enough to push me away.Hopefully they can get out here to Free America. Nice looking though and sure its plenty accurate.

C’mon, man, really?

Jealousy? That’s what you got out of this? Do you post with the same pettiness in new car/truck threads?

He’s been pistol shopping for a while, see his other posts, and he has the ammo because he planned ahead. He buys a nice gun, for his son, a very nice gift, and all you have is this garbage post?
I’m just glad he didn’t photo shoot on the hood of a wicked bro dozer … talk about triggered 😳

Back