new jug of ST oil mostly water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about emailing corporate the picture and telling them a new engine would have been needed and why aren't they watching thieves better? When I returned some filters to WM the clerk looked at each one very carefully in and out to see if it was new, and compared the numbers on the filter and box. They shouldn't allow returns on motor oil at all. You buy it you keep it. People always stole, it's nothing new. WM makes it easier.

Originally Posted By: fenixguy
Has Pennzoil ever used a foil seal? I've only used it in the last 5-6 years. You can ease the cap off without breaking the plastic ring if you're very careful/a horrible person.

Last time I bought oil from Walmart, which was a LONG time ago, I bought a box of three jugs. The box was sealed, so I didn't have to worry about the jugs being tampered with.

There should be a special place in [censored] for those that do this. Even putting used oil back in the jug is better than this [censored]. The Kmart near me has had old Purolator classic filters through many mark downs until 25 cents. Only problem is, the box is empty and has been empty for a year and no one cares enough to toss the box away. Thieves and apathetic store employees... bad combination.

It's a pretty sad thing to see how low some folks will stoop. Another reminder that you have to be careful with everything you buy.

This explains the "-insert brand- oil made my engine noisy" complaint?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: double vanos
This is exactly why I buy Castrol oil -foil seal under the cap! No seal, no deal!

Some vandals are very good at what they do. Make sure that foil seal is exactly on correctly. One can buy jug seals online. This is how bad this problem is. You think you are getting top mark Castrol Edge but instead the jug is filled with Acme conventional oil of whatever grade.

This is exactly why I buy Acme conventional oil of whatever grade.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: Bumble_guy
Sounds like what a liberal would do

And the above is what ignorance sounds like.

Class dismissed.

BC.

Burned!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RichardS
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Haven't had the issue at MalWart, but we used to have a terrible time with Toys R Us...we bought a little ride on toy for my daughter a dozen years or so ago and found it to be a heavily used, filthy, sun bleached, half broken down piece of junk when we took it out of the box at home. Clearly, somebody had returned the thing after using it for several years.
The problem isn't just with the scumbags making the returns, it's also with these stores accepting "no questions asked" returns and just putting the items back on the shelf without opening and looking at them.

That's what happens when you pay someone crumbs to do their job and give them no reason to go above and beyond the bare minimum.

After all, that's all they're getting paid.

Son, there is NO excuse for dishonesty on the part of a customer or an employee not doing their best on the job! You'll never get the chance at a better opportunity by being slacker on the current one. Sorry, but that's how it works.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: fenixguy
Has Pennzoil ever used a foil seal? I've only used it in the last 5-6 years. You can ease the cap off without breaking the plastic ring if you're very careful/a horrible person.

Last time I bought oil from Walmart, which was a LONG time ago, I bought a box of three jugs. The box was sealed, so I didn't have to worry about the jugs being tampered with.

Gluing a cardboard box is easier than jug hacking.

Remember at the factory there has to be a way to get the lid on without breaking it little perforated ring seal.

Oh, certainly, but the odds of getting one of those boxes carefully opened, dump the 15 quarts of oil, replace it with something else, and getting it reglued perfectly are pretty slim. Gluing the box is easy. Gluing it well after tearing the thing apart is another matter altogether.

But, for years, I've bought at the distributor. A fresh box from the warehouse isn't going to be hacked.

Originally Posted By: Carbon12
Originally Posted By: RichardS
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Haven't had the issue at MalWart, but we used to have a terrible time with Toys R Us...we bought a little ride on toy for my daughter a dozen years or so ago and found it to be a heavily used, filthy, sun bleached, half broken down piece of junk when we took it out of the box at home. Clearly, somebody had returned the thing after using it for several years.
The problem isn't just with the scumbags making the returns, it's also with these stores accepting "no questions asked" returns and just putting the items back on the shelf without opening and looking at them.

That's what happens when you pay someone crumbs to do their job and give them no reason to go above and beyond the bare minimum.

After all, that's all they're getting paid.

Son, there is NO excuse for dishonesty on the part of a customer or an employee not doing their best on the job! You'll never get the chance at a better opportunity by being slacker on the current one. Sorry, but that's how it works.

"Son"? Are you a hundred?

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: double vanos
This is exactly why I buy Castrol oil -foil seal under the cap! No seal, no deal!

Some vandals are very good at what they do. Make sure that foil seal is exactly on correctly. One can buy jug seals online. This is how bad this problem is. You think you are getting top mark Castrol Edge but instead the jug is filled with Acme conventional oil of whatever grade.

This is exactly why I buy Acme conventional oil of whatever grade.

Good old Acme. Highly recommended by Wile E. Coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back