new jug of ST oil mostly water!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're fortunate it was replaced with an obviously fake liquid like water. The worst case is if you bought some synthetic that was replaced with lawnmower oil

Check those bottles carefully

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: double vanos
This is exactly why I buy Castrol oil -foil seal under the cap! No seal, no deal!

Some vandals are very good at what they do. Make sure that foil seal is exactly on correctly. One can buy jug seals online. This is how bad this problem is. You think you are getting top mark Castrol Edge but instead the jug is filled with Acme conventional oil of whatever grade.

This is exactly why I buy Acme conventional oil of whatever grade.

Good old Acme. Highly recommended by Wile E. Coyote.

Well, ACME is, like, figurative. I assume the original poster meant "cheap mineral oil" as I did.

Runour has it that there are counterfeit oils here. I don't know if this is true, but if it is its much more likely with something fancy (AGIP has been mentioned) than cheap stuff, because the profit would be higher.

Same logic applies to one-off switches.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RichardS
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Haven't had the issue at MalWart, ..

That's what happens when you pay someone crumbs to do their job and give them no reason to go above and beyond the bare minimum.

After all, that's all they're getting paid.

Thats a crock ...
Has nothing to do with Walmart, someone tampered with the seal.
Its up to the purchaser to make sure the bottle is sealed, as the OP did.

It happens everyday in this country all around the world, for gods sake, up until just a couple decades ago there were nut jobs tampering with over the counter medicine and killing people, right here in the USA.

Make sure the bottle is sealed.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: Bumble_guy
Sounds like what a liberal would do

And the above is what ignorance sounds like.

Class dismissed.

BC.

Burned!
crackmeup2.gif

+1 , Jesus some people are stupid...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
You must be in pretty bad shape to buy and return $11 oil!

Edit: Comment removed because I do not know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hootbro

So he is to take it in the shorts then? You missed the point. Regardless, he still needs oil to do his change and would be making the trip back to Wally World anyways.

I think he meant whoever filled it with water and took it back
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk

So he is to take it in the shorts then? You missed the point. Regardless, he still needs oil to do his change and would be making the trip back to Wally World anyways.

wink.gif

Yeah, I guess I missed the point. Thanks for the correction.

I rarely comment much anymore, but that is just plain nasty bad. Does not matter one's standing in life or political affiliation or work ethic or much anything else. That is THEFT. Period.

Should the buyer beware? Absolutely. And fibrous duct tape? Come on man!

As for Walmart. If they accept product back, no questions asked, no problem with this, but responsibility rests on them - that responsibility REALLY starts exactly when they restock a product for sale as NEW. They must check. They must put the policy in writing and enforce it.

At Walmart, this is absolutely not a surprise for me. I've seen returned items on the shelves that were in dismal condition.

This said, I rarely go to Walmart now. Driving, parking, long checkout lines, empty shelves, not-so-low prices, along with Amazon Prime and other online retailers being cheaper and more convenient, plus having many other retail options that are not much more expensive if any at all, has made Walmart mostly a thing of the past for me. I might pick up an EverStart Maxx 24F battery when my current one fails, even though they don't seem to be lasting any more than any other battery, having gone through quite a few in the last ten years or so.

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk

wink.gif

Yeah, I guess I missed the point. Thanks for the correction.

Yup - the original purchaser. Not the person returning because they got water.

That's what happens when you pay someone crumbs to do their job and give them no reason to go above and beyond the bare minimum.

Bull. My first job was as a dishwasher making $3.60/hr. I was the best [censored] dishwasher you ever saw because I took pride in my job and in myself.

These slackers nowadays just do not care. They are lazy, entitled, and have no sense of self-worth. You could pay them $25/hr and you would get the same pathetic work results.

I got the filter switcharoo at walmart last week. Bought a fram ultra, when i opened the box , inside was a toughguard.

Solution: Invent a way for the oil jug to change color to show its been open. Something like that. A way to tell the inside of the jug has been exposed to air, after being filled with oil, maybe a bright pink stripe appearing down the side next to the transparent fill level window strip.
Or, how about a vacuum-seal pop top, like we see on jars of mushrooms? You can tell if the jar of mushrooms has been opened because the top of the lid bulges upward.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
As for Walmart. If they accept product back, no questions asked, no problem with this, but responsibility rests on them - that responsibility REALLY starts exactly when they restock a product for sale as NEW. They must check. They must put the policy in writing and enforce it.

I don't want to be the person getting the stinkeye from the clerk taking my watered oil back to them. They'd think I filled it up with water and returned it for my money back!

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I got the filter switcharoo at walmart last week. Bought a fram ultra, when i opened the box , inside was a toughguard.

This happens a lot. I mail ordered a filter from Amazon, and was worried as it was on its way. It was fine.
They are starting to plastic-wrap seal the oil filter boxes now. In the store, always open the box and check for the right thing inside,
although now you might look you're the one doing the swapping.

The box was sealed with plastic? Every Ultra I buy at Walmart has thin plastic around the entire box...can't open it in store now to inspect the filter.

Originally Posted By: ChevyMan2015

The box was sealed with plastic? Every Ultra I buy at Walmart has thin plastic around the entire box...can't open it in store now to inspect the filter.

Did not have plastic. Did have small round seal on the top edge that had been cut, like with a knife. I just grabbed one and did not notice it.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D

Bull. My first job was as a dishwasher making $3.60/hr. I was the best [censored] dishwasher you ever saw because I took pride in my job and in myself.

These slackers nowadays just do not care. They are lazy, entitled, and have no sense of self-worth. You could pay them $25/hr and you would get the same pathetic work results.

This is the absolute truth! Work ethic is lacking in todays world. Work each job you have with pride in yourself.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
When I returned some filters to WM the clerk looked at each one very carefully in and out to see if it was new, and compared the numbers on the filter and box...WM makes it easier.
One time, I bought some carpet shampoo from WM but wasn't the kind my wife wanted. I took it back to return it (stuff costs close to $20 !) and the clerk opened it to smell it. It had a cap/lid similar to what laundry soap has - no split cap showing it's been opened, no foil cover, etc. When she started to do it, I said, "you are kidding me. People return things like this and fill them with something else?" and she said it happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back