New Jetta looks like a ford fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. The car is stylish, yet retains a very conservative appearance which will be acceptable to a wide range of audiences.

I could see myself getting the TDI version with the manual as a commuter car.

my first thought was, wow, beautiful car...

i hope it has better visibility than the current Jetta, i felt like i was in a bunker in that thing. also i hope the aussie market gets the NA engine not only the TSI and TDI versions as they seem more complex and problematic (my opinion only don't shoot me). the 2.5L NA seems like a sweet engine.

It looks to me like the silver one it is lowered. The blue one in the vortex article has a gigantic gap above the tires.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
Ok, nice average-looking car. Now, are they going to improve their quality anytime soon?

No,that's part of the ownership experience with VW.

I personally think it's a beautiful car. I am SOOO glad to see that ugly chrome front bumper gone.

Now,, if they'd only address their poor dealership network and customer 'NO'-service.

Originally Posted By: Unleashedbeast
I think it's an improvement over the current body style of Jetta.

Agreed.

Not bad, but when will they finally improve the center console? It looks rather unappealing, IMO, just like the current Jetta/Golf.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
the 2.5L NA seems like a sweet engine.

More reliable? Probably.

But it's not a lot of fun - you try to wind it up past 4k rpm and it sounds rather harsh, IMO.

I don't see a whole lot of similarities between that and the Fusion.

It does look a little plain. It's not quite as dramatic as say, a new Sonata.

I doubt the $16K price tag. Maybe for an absolutely bare bones manual trans model, but you don't see many of those. My mom's 3 stickered for around $18K two years ago.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I don't see a whole lot of similarities between that and the Fusion.

I think the OP likens the latest VW designs to some FoMoCo model.

The only resemblance I see is A4 looking rear lights. otherwise it's an unremarkable design - Jettas haven't been cutting edge design so it's not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back