New Jack Stands

I got my new Pro-Lift 3 ton jack stands today. They seem ok. One of the posts has some small chips near the bottom of the saddle. I'm not pleased with that but it shouldn't make a difference functionally, I hope.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200727-163440_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-163440_Gallery.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20200727-164257_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-164257_Gallery.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 132
Let us know how the pin works out in these models. I’ve always stayed away from the pin only versions because it makes setting up a stand a 2 handed operation, taking the extra time to line up the holes and pin properly... however, if the ratcheting bar is already locked in position, it might be easier to insert the pin.

Im also curious if anyone knows if the pro lift are any different from the higher end omega jack stands, especially since they have the same parent company.

as for the small chips, idk, I like to keep my tools clean ... but after a year, they always look worse than the tools I see at the swap meet.

The missing chips are tiny chips of metal around the curve of the saddle that were painted over at the factory. I'm concerned about possible structural damage or weakness.

The missing chips are tiny chips of metal around the curve of the saddle that were painted over at the factory. I'm concerned about possible structural damage or weakness.

There is nothing worse than being concerned with the structural integrity of something holding up a vehicle while you're under it, or in any kind of position where you can get injured as a result of a jack stand failing. So if you're concerned contact the mfg with your concerns. I just returned 2 sets of HF 6 ton jack stands that were NOT part of their recent recalls. I opted to pay up for US Jack 6 ton jack stands. I am not saying your jack stands are not good or safe, I am saying if you have any doubts contact the mfg. with your concerns or return them.

There is nothing worse than being concerned with the structural integrity of something holding up a vehicle while you're under it, or in any kind of position where you can get injured as a result of a jack stand failing. So if you're concerned contact the mfg with your concerns. I just returned 2 sets of HF 6 ton jack stands that were NOT part of their recent recalls. I opted to pay up for US Jack 6 ton jack stands. I am not saying your jack stands are not good or safe, I am saying if you have any doubts contact the mfg. with your concerns or return them.

yeah, the owners manual should have the information on who to call or where to take it to if you suspect a problem. I usually keep those around for a few weeks before they make it into the recycle bin. Hopefully the OP still has it. Often times you can find copies of it online these days. Pro-Lift is a Shinn Fu America brand. it shouldn’t be too hard to find A phone number somewhere.

I sent them back. I think Pro-Lift is probably a good company but my particular item made me uncomfortable. I may order another set but will likely buy something I can look at in person.

The torin 3 ton with the backup pin looks exactly the same. I have 4 of them and they are built pretty well. Just make sure the welds are good.

Back