New Honda, to me anyway. Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to buy one of my yard customers mower. He is a senior and it is hardly used. Honda HRX, OHC, 6.5, Versamow. 750.00 new, I paid 450.00. He used it 1-1/2 summers, test mow was perfect. Garage kept, looks new. I have only used Sears in the past. Good deal? Good mower? I wear out my Sears in two years and just buy another one. Hopefully that routine stops here. Opinions? Thanks, Travis.

I hope so Captain, I spend plenty on my rider, but could never pull the trigger on a 750.00 push mower. This price and condition I felt it was time to try a high end push since my last Sears was barely hanging on. What do you guys think of "only Honda oil". Does it really matter?

I am running Amsoil 0W-40 in my Honda mower with a GVC160.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aff.aspx

I am very happy with it.

My lawn is about 1/2 acre and my mower is 10 years old and I have ran straight 30W and various multi-grade dino including pennzoil YB 5W30; typically changed once a year. With the dino oil I was getting a puff of blue smoke going quickly from idle to full throttle.

With the Amsoil the puff of blue doesn't happen. Also, with the Amsoil the motor seems to have more power for long grass. Last fall I didn't bother changing the Amsoil, I justed topped it up and I am on my second season on the Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back