New here Looking for oil reccomendation for my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just bought a 2012 Honda CR-V. It calls for 0w-20. It seems like it is only made in synthetic? I really want to just do what would be best for the longevity of my car, so any recommendations on what CR-V owners have used in the past would be greatly appreciated as I am not very car smart. Looking for recommendations on synthetic or regular, and brands preferred by users and why. TIA for your suggestions! joe

Mobil 1 AFE 0w-20 or Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0w-20. Both are excellent products that can be found pretty easily. The QSUD has been becoming more available as of late. Both are high quaility oils. QSUD is a bargain for full synthetic at 20.97 for a 5qt jug. M1 AFE is 26.50 for 5qts.

Any synthetic 0w-20. It's almost (if not) impossible to find a [censored] 0w-20 brand so far because it seems to not be as popular currently. Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, etc. just about anything with an API starburst is good for at least a 5000 mi OCI, Mobil 1, RP, Pennz., and Castrol should be good for 7500, not to say the others aren't. You'd need an UOA.

The Honda-branded 0w20 is a safe choice, especially if the dealer will be doing your oil changes. Just specify that you want the Honda 0w20.

Originally Posted By: jbrunner14
I just bought a 2012 Honda CR-V. It calls for 0w-20. It seems like it is only made in synthetic?
Honda's own 0w20 is a synthetic blend - it says so right on the bottle. I just picked up a couple OCIs worth of Mobil 1 0w20 from AutoZone - it is currently on a bundle sale with a Bosch oil filter.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Originally Posted By: jbrunner14
I just bought a 2012 Honda CR-V. It calls for 0w-20. It seems like it is only made in synthetic?
Honda's own 0w20 is a synthetic blend - it says so right on the bottle. I just picked up a couple OCIs worth of Mobil 1 0w20 from AutoZone - it is currently on a bundle sale with a Bosch oil filter.
Its blended and bottled buy Phillps.

jbrunner14

Thanks for all the replies, I would really like to find a 0w-20 synthetic blend as I want to do the oil changes myself. Maybe I'll have to buy it from the dealership?

If you have a Napa in your area, they have their house brand full syn on sale for 3.49/qt . Its made by Valvoline and is very similar to their Synpower series. Good value for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.