New Havoline Bottle Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Is this the new havoline bottle design? Or is it just for the new Deposit Shield product line?

http://www.motorntv.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=166

Looks like the bottle color coding is black for conventional SM grade, red Hi-Mileage, gold syn-blend, and silver as synthetic.

Yep, looks like you found it. I think I actually like the old bottle better! LOL. NOt that the package really matters. The new additive pack desribes how it clings to parts to prevent deposits from forming on them. Does Castrol GTX have additives that cling to parts in the same manner? Mobil 5000? Pennzoil?

crazy.gif
i'd rather keep the old ones..

The black and red bottle reminds me of the Coastal oil you see at Auto Zone.

They did a very bad job of designing the bottle. They should have kept the 'NASCAR' design they had a few years ago.

I don't care about the bottle. That goes in the trash. What's going to be inside? That goes in the engine.

Not a bad looking bottle. I like the star being embossed on the side. As for as the color of the bottles, looks like the same as most oil companies. Red = High Mileage, Gold = Blend, and Silver = Synthetic. As for as the product in the bottle, it's probably the same SM rated oil that was in the other bottle. Clings to parts is good advertising. They all cling to parts Texaco just coined the phrase. Just like Pennzoil says time released additives, they all have time released additives, that's the way some additives work (time and temp), Pennzoil just coined the phrase. Sometimes bottle change is good. Everyone is looking for more shelf space in the retailers shelf.

The bottle coloring seems counterintuitive AFAIK compared to traditional marketing schemes.

If you're going to have gold and silver packaging, one would associate the top end product to be packaged in gold, and the second-tier in silver.

Unless the gold is suddenly bronze, or the silver is now "platinum" like for Pennz.

Perhaps it's just designating their respective profit margins on the stuff.

Marketing is such hokum at times.

I hope they don't think the new bottle is worth more. It's about as ugly as an aardvark!

i like aardvarks

will this new havoline come to canada?

and i have to agree with volvohead. gold bottles should be used for the full synthetic, while silver for the semi. just seems to make more sense. motomaster formula1 does it like that.

The Havoline Synthetic looks excellent. The SM version now contains the same amount of Moly as the SM dino. IMO, a better value than M1.

I hope that with the new marketing they are undergoing, that they will make their products more available. It would be nice to see Havoline HM and blend as readily available as Valvoline and Castrols lineup of lube products.

I read the posts first then looked at the pictures and, well, Not that bad. Bottles are just fine but their idea of conveying a filter is not that obvious. I see it but not that impressed. Would prefer a more traditional Havoline label. Anyway better then some lame brain boring logos I have seen. Will not stop me from using it in my car.

Overall like it better than the old bottles but would like a more Havoline Logo driven label than that stupid picture.

I like the bottles. A Semi-Syn product is sorta superfluous. Also, I thought Chevron Tech Support said HM oils are a marketing gimmick. Anyway, I'd be happy to pay a premium for their Synth oil if it were more available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back