New H&K sniper rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when was an M14 a modified Remington 700 (per that article) ...

Maybe it's a good rifle for the job, but I certainly do not want one
frown.gif

How will replacing a 7.62 with another 7.62 address any type of ballistic changes? Also... how much body armor out there is able to defeat the 7.62 and is susceptible to other similar rounds?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I don't ever use "Semi-Automatic System" and "Sniper rifle" in the same sentence

150 years ago no one used “semi-auto” and rifle period.

I don’t get why people are so resistant to progress.

Bolt actions are accurate. Sure. And revolvers are reliable. But that did not stop progress and the rise of semi-auto pistols and there adoption by all operators, army’s, and agency’s across the world. There are currently and have been AR-15s and AR-10s that shoot sub 1 - MOA for some time now.

Originally Posted By: SKVenture
I don't ever use "Semi-Automatic System" and "Sniper rifle" in the same sentence

Bolt actions are accurate. Sure. And revolvers are reliable. But that did not stop progress and the rise of semi-auto pistols and there adoption by all operators, army’s, and agency’s across the world. There are currently and have been AR-15s and AR-10s that shoot sub 1 - MOA for some time now.

Barrett has made semi-auto sniper rifles for years.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: SKVenture

Yes they have!

I've carried my HK USP Compact .45 nearly every day for 14 years and sent over 3,000 rounds thru it. Never had a single failure to fire or feed since I use EFMJs. I'd hardly call it junk, but I wouldn't call it a bargain either. But knowing that if someone's life depends on the next trigger pull, it's going to work- is priceless.

I don't have anything negative to say about Remington or Glock or Sig or XXX (insert brand here) but I think calling any of HK's products junk is not based in reality. The fact that numerous HK weapons have been service-issue for Navy SEALs should dispel that myth.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

Wow! so many mistakes in the Fox News item! Hmmm, I gotta check my Rem 700 to see if it has any
M14 parts on it!! Jeez! LOL

LOL maybe you'll get lucky check for a selector switch first!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Knight's Armament has been also. Their M110 looks very similar to the H&K in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back