New Guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys have seen a lot of good thing about your forum. I have done a little searching but can’t find exactly what I am looking for. ( I read for 4 hours today
smile.gif
). I have a 2003 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder ( 8000 Miles), a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 6 cylinder (7000 miles ) and a 1994 Camaro Z28 with a LT1 (150,000 miles) In the Toyotas I have been running Castrol GTX 5W-30. I tried Mobil 1 5w-30 and both rice burners made too much drivetrain noise. Like to run a more high tech oil and one that will help me get long life out of them. I just got the Z28 about 4 months ago and put Valvoline’s MaxLife 10w-30 to help stop some leaks. I also fixed the intake and oil filter mount leaks. Now all the leaks are gone I like to run a oil that will help me get another 150,000 miles out of her.
I live in Virginia USA where the temperature low would be 10 degree F and highs of 100 F. So what are some good oil to run. Would like to run synthetic but conventional would be ok and what weights to run. I change oil at 3000 miles now but would not mind going to 5000, but no more then 5000. Sorry for the long and noob post.
gr_eek2.gif

Thanks
Mark

welcome.gif

If you're looking for high-tech, give Auto-Rx a try in your high mileage Z28. You'll be glad you did, it's an excellent product, I've used it on my own ride...well worth it!

For good synths, I recommend German Castrol (GC) 0w-30 if you prefer not to use M1. It's a top-notch choice for all your cars, especially your Camaro. Patman can give you a lot of insight on GC in his Firebird.
smile.gif

If you want, give M1 T&SUV a try, its a 5W-40 and is formulated very closely to D1, I am currently using it in my LT1, pretty happy with it, but will be trying a few diff oils just to see how they are.... Other oils you may want to try are GC, RP 41, Redline 5W-30....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back