New guy. 5w20 questions

New guy here. Got a 190,000k on my lincoln mks 3.7l. Have always used penzoil plat and motocraft 500s filters. Curious. Are there better options for both oil and filter for my car? I have access to valvoline, penzoil, castrol, quarter, mobil 1, Should I also make sure or be concerned that it should have dextos on the label?

Are there better options for both oil and filter for my car?
Short answer: yes, there are. However, all of them will lighten your wallet.

Why the need to change now?

Given the mileage, I'd go with @demarpaint's recommendation:
I'd try running a good synthetic 5W30 in it. That's what I'd do if it were mine.
It'd be a very slight bump in viscosity that will compensate for any wear your engine *might* have.

gramar poliece ("...You would think you fixed all the bad spellers...") is a bigger worry than: "...Are there better options for both oil and filter for my car?..."
Follow the manafacturer's advisio. Some here like WIX/Fram (3, 4 co.s world wide, just different paint on'em). Some like Wally's World oil, others name brand.

gramar poliece ("...You would think you fixed all the bad spellers...") is a bigger worry than: "...Are there better options for both oil and filter for my car?..."
Follow the manafacturer's advisio. Some here like WIX/Fram (3, 4 co.s world wide, just different paint on'em). Some like Wally's World oil, others name brand.
Also the spelling and punctuation police.

Yo da Man…

Yo da Man…
1653580661612.jpg

learning disabilities but fine mechanic, even went to grad school (3.8 average) & run several state-wide businesses (1 WVA, 1 RI, 2 MA).
Still - 3 eight grades and dropped out a 1/2 decade...
Sorry it comes out here (poor keyboarding, spelling, math, but not the handwritting).
8^ 0

Back