New GM Camry Accord fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo

00buickregal.jpg

That's got to be one of the most boring Regal pics ever.
56.gif

Try this one:

Buick.jpg

Better?

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: thooks
I seriously doubt you'll get very many Accord owners to even consider stepping foot onto a GM dealership to look for a 'comparable' sedan.

The Accord is so much farther ahead of GM that they aren't even in the same Continent.

I know. My neighbor just got a loaded Accord coupe...very stylish car. Excellent all the way around.

They had an ad on tv in the late 90s for the supercharged 3800 regal, as the car for "the supercharged family." I am sure if you blinked, you missed it. Their marketing dept flounders rather seriously as well.

And what's up with the Terrazza version of the Venture van? Who would go into a Buick dealer for a van? (Not to mention most Buick dealers around here also carry Pontiac or another cheaper version).

It might be on par with the Camry/Accord, just like the Malibu, but there are WAY too many people that associate the "Regal" nameplate with products of old. They need to ditch the name and go new.

A Regal is a Century with more features and the 3.8 instead of the 3.1 engine. I know the Century/Regal is an 'old mans' car but they were reliable, comfortable and economical. I have an 02' Century and it is just as good as my 01' Accord.

Originally Posted By: zulu
They need to ditch the name and go new.

Impossible for people to think that way at GM. Remember all the people who run GM have been threr for decades. I have purchased over $100,000.00 worth of their trucks in the last decade and they have no idea if I am still driving one....or why I am so angry about my experience that I will never set foot in one of their dealerships again. Thinks about it. ONE customer like me who has spend an average of $10,000 per year FOR A DECADE doesn't even show up on their radar. They don't know I exist. They don't have ONE employee who sits and calls angry former customers and tries to make peace with them.

Every time you see a Toyota or Honda on the road....82% of them were once GM, Ford or Chrysler loyal customers. Think about it. If I were a GM employee I would be embarrassed to admit it in public.

I am a mid-twentysomething driving a late 90's Buick LeSabre. It has to be the comfiest car on the road. The thing just absorbs the bumps like they're not there. The front seat they must've pulled from a La-Z-Boy showroom it's so overstuffed and comfortable.

Now if only the exterior weren't rusting to pieces it would be fantastic. The rust is what scares me about GM. Yes, they're nice cars. Unfortunately they will likely rust away quickly. Battling rust on my car has already cost me quite a bit and will likely need more just so I have a car that's safe to drive.

I wish you guys had Krown Rust Controls there like we do here. You see the odd car from the 80's still running around in perfect condition with a gazillion miles on them.

Originally Posted By: PT1
moderator removed made-up comment

Jeez. Every thread that even mentions GM and you're on about your truck that made a little noise at start up but is probably in the hands of some happy new owner running great.

You don't like them. I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: pbm
A Regal is a Century with more features and the 3.8 instead of the 3.1 engine. I know the Century/Regal is an 'old mans' car but they were reliable, comfortable and economical. I have an 02' Century and it is just as good as my 01' Accord.

It's refreshing to hear from someone who, you know, actually owns both of these cars. A nice taste of reality. I love it when someone talks about how they own car X and it's so much better than car Y, but they'll never set foot in the dealership for car Y so they really don't know what the [censored] they're talking about.

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
moderator removed made-up comment

Jeez. Every thread that even mentions GM and you're on about your truck that made a little noise at start up but is probably in the hands of some happy new owner running great.

You don't like them. I get it.

Mister Jon,

You can add me in the category of a mid-30's someone who has spent over $100k on their products and will never, ever give them another look. Got burned way too many times by stupid things. I wrote a few letters to the dealerships and gave GM my written opinion on their surveys more than a few times. Never heard a word except from the dealership owner.

I also got burned on their stock. Gimme $.80 a share for it and it's yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: thooks
You can add me in the category of a mid-30's someone who has spent over $100k on their products and will never, ever give them another look.

Well enough. I know someone who got 'burned' by two [censored] Toyota's, both which suffered catastrophic engine failure at just over 100K miles. They now buy only Fords. We all have a story. I'm not in every thread that mentions Toyota talking about how much they suck.

Originally Posted By: zulu
They need to ditch the name and go new.

Impossible for people to think that way at GM. Remember all the people who run GM have been threr for decades. I have purchased over $100,000.00 worth of their trucks in the last decade and they have no idea if I am still driving one....or why I am so angry about my experience that I will never set foot in one of their dealerships again. Thinks about it. ONE customer like me who has spend an average of $10,000 per year FOR A DECADE doesn't even show up on their radar. They don't know I exist. They don't have ONE employee who sits and calls angry former customers and tries to make peace with them.

Every time you see a Toyota or Honda on the road....82% of them were once GM, Ford or Chrysler loyal customers. Think about it. If I were a GM employee I would be embarrassed to admit it in public.

Well, in case you don't know more than 3/4's of the people in charge of GM are new and even outsiders like Ed Whitacre who made ATT a success. I met Ed last week when he came to my plant - the first thing he said was he know's nothing about cars and it was his first time in any assembly plant. I was amazed and a little mad - a non-car guy as Chairman of the Board of GM. But - maybe that's what is needed - fresh eyes on the business. We'll see and....may the best car win!

Second - where did you pull that 82% figure?? I'm thinking maybe your [censored]??
21.gif

"May the best car win"

The problem is that even if GM makes a car that's better than Toyota or Honda it will take many years for people to come back (if they ever do). It took many years and many people to destroy GM's reputation and it will take many years to fix it.

Quote:
We'll see and....may the best car win!

The Japanese have already won. The US taxpayers were fleeced out of 50+ billion dollars to keep GM and the UAW on life support.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Well, in case you don't know more than 3/4's of the people in charge of GM are new and even outsiders like Ed Whitacre who made ATT a success. I met Ed last week when he came to my plant - the first thing he said was he know's nothing about cars and it was his first time in any assembly plant. I was amazed and a little mad - a non-car guy as Chairman of the Board of GM. But - maybe that's what is needed - fresh eyes on the business. We'll see and....may the best car win!

Second - where did you pull that 82% figure?? I'm thinking maybe your [censored]??
21.gif

82% was quoted by Edmunds about 10 years ago. But I doubt that you read anything outside of Ed Whitacres shorts.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joe1
Quote:
We'll see and....may the best car win!

The Japanese have already won. The US taxpayers were fleeced out of 50+ billion dollars to keep GM and the UAW on life support.

Exactly! here you see two former customers who have spent nearly a quarter of a million dollars on GM products...totally disgusted and all the GM employee can do is ridicule us. That's the "New GM". seems just like the old GM. If my company did the same thing I would be getting the persons name & number and reporting it to management. Good Luck getting us back. When the bailout money runs out you are going to wish we were back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back