New GM Adds 971,000 Cars to Ignition Switch recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
If my car turned off while driving down the road, and it did in my Chevy truck, but that was a fuel pump relay that would lose connection, I would simply put it into neutral and start it back up and put it back into gear. How difficult is that? And people have DIED cause their car turned off? News break people- you still have brakes when your car turns off going down the road, unless you're retarded and keep pumping them or something?

I never understood the stuck acceleration on the Toyotas either. Because the brakes will overpower a cars engine even if the accelerator is to the floor. But, it is said a few people were injured in that one too.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
If my car turned off while driving down the road, and it did in my Chevy truck, but that was a fuel pump relay that would lose connection, I would simply put it into neutral and start it back up and put it back into gear. How difficult is that? And people have DIED cause their car turned off? News break people- you still have brakes when your car turns off going down the road, unless you're retarded and keep pumping them or something?

I never understood the stuck acceleration on the Toyotas either. Because the brakes will overpower a cars engine even if the accelerator is to the floor. But, it is said a few people were injured in that one too.

Yup, either you aren't too bright, or you want a lawsuit.

That doesn't really tell me anything, though.

I don't have a GM car with me today, but I have the '04 Jag, and I can easily move the key to any position save start, by gentle traction on the house key that is on the same ring with the car key.

Hard to see how that it is a defect. The Jag switch "looks" like it takes about the same effort, maybe a bit less, than the GM switch in the video, but the angle is different as the Jag ignition switch is not on the steering column, it is in the dash, old school style. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back