New General Grabber A/Tx tires (31x10.5x15)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grabber A/Tx is the 3rd generation design of the Grabber AT tire.

http://generaltire.com/tires/light-truck-crossover-suv/grabber-a-t-x

I replaced a set of Firestone Destination AT's with nearly 80k miles. They were great tires and I had no complaints about them. Just wanted to try something different. It was perfect timing since the new Grabber A/Tx's came out in March. Plus, I was able to get the $70 rebate on them as well. I've only driven the new Generals home and to work today, but I absolutely love them already. What I've noticed so far:

- The better-designed Grabber sidewalls seem stiffer than the Firestone tires, which I like.
- Yet, with the extra "absorption layer" they put under the tread, they ride is surprisingly softer than expected, which makes for a nice ride.
- They are QUIET!!! I'm shocked at how quiet they are. And I din't think my Firestone AT's were loud. I hear so much more of my engine and exhaust now but I do hear the tread of the tire a little once I get up to about 40-45 mph.
- Steering response is slower than the old tires, but with all that new tread on there and since they aren't broken in yet, I expected that.

Overall, I couldn't be happier. I've had other General tires (RT43 on our '06 Sienna currently) and I've been happy with them every single time. I'd highly recommend these Grabber A/Tx's if you're in the market for all-terrain tires.

Here are some quick pics:

Thanks! I've looked at the KO's in the past, but not really this time around. I forget why I decided against them in the past, sorry.

Tread design reminds me a LOT of the BFG Rugged Trails.

Glad you found a soft and quiet AT tire!

might want to upload the pics to bitog(5th button from left)

photobucket holds you hostage you cant link photos unless you pay $400/year

Originally Posted By: Rand
might want to upload the pics to bitog(5th button from left)

photobucket holds you hostage you cant link photos unless you pay $400/year

It's been a few years since I've used my Photobucket account. I had no idea it would break my pics like it did. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry for the pictures being broken fellas. Here they are:

Originally Posted By: Rand
Are those mountain/snowflake? I cant tell from pics.

Yes, indeed they do have the mountain snowflake symbol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back