new gas station pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
my gas station for many years has switched there pumps to a one hose set up. there used to be a separate hose for each grade of gasoline pumped. my question is if i buy one gallon of premium for my lawn mower do i get what was left in the hose from the previous customer? so for my one gallon purchase of premium my first one half gallon could be less expensive 87 octane ethanol [censored]. am i correct?

I do believe that whatever the previous patron pumped is what will be left in the hose.

At BJ's yesterday, I pulled up and noticed that the arrow was already in the 93 AKI window, which I'm not sure has every happened, that I recall (the VAST majority of people pump 87, and I'm apparently unlucky in that regard.)

Anyway, if you want all premium, then walk around to the different open pumps until you see one that just pumped premium.

Sounds like you are correct not sure of the end result of octane with just 1 gallon?

Here we have the same setup most places. Underground there are 2 tanks one of which is 87 octane & the other is 93 octane. If you buy mid grade 89 octane it is a mixture done by the pump of 87 and 93 octane .

Hang out by the pumps like a creep until someone dispenses premium, then purchase yours afterwards.

Some bulk oil systems are that way too. When you get your oil changed half the oil you get might be some other product and viscosity.

Originally Posted By: james1950
my gas station for many years has switched there pumps to a one hose set up. there used to be a separate hose for each grade of gasoline pumped. my question is if i buy one gallon of premium for my lawn mower do i get what was left in the hose from the previous customer? so for my one gallon purchase of premium my first one half gallon could be less expensive 87 octane ethanol [censored]. am i correct?
my concern is 87 octane is 10 percent ethanol.i purchase the 0 percent 91 octane so no ethanol gets in my ope.

my concern is 87 octane is 10 percent ethanol.i purchase the 0 percent 91 octane so no ethanol gets in my ope.

Lucky you. Out here all grades, including premium, contain ethanol.

I would say the first liter will be regular, not a whole gallon. The pumps are w now located in the tank with a line going to each dispenser. once the hose has been purged, your good to go

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
Hang out by the pumps like a creep until someone dispenses premium, then purchase yours afterwards.

LOL!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yes some is left in the hose, you'll want to sacrifice at least a gallon of premium into your car to insure your getting the best for your OPE
Thats what I do. I cant buy pure gas here. All my toys call for Premium so I pump a couple of gallons into my Jeep before I fill my cans.

OCD manifests itself in many, many ways.......

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Y'all have a real problem! And it has nothing to do with the kind of fuel pump is at your gas station.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back