New Ford Mustang GT500 700 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by itguy08
Gorgeous and awesome sound. Wonder what pricing will be like - I guess $60k to start.

I would guess closer to $80k.

It will beat the hellcats, at least the ones with standard power. When you come last you can bring a bit more to the party, and Ford rarely disappoints there.

My only problem is with a Mustang on every street corner it dilutes the experience. I would have rather seen a stand alone model with something more than some flaps and spoilers.

Challengers have the same problem, too many sold...

I did like the reveal video. No cheesy music, goes from loud, controlled chaos to quiet reflection of the interior and exterior lines. Nice contrast and classy taste.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
It will beat the hellcats, at least the ones with standard power. When you come last you can bring a bit more to the party, and Ford rarely disappoints there.

My only problem is with a Mustang on every street corner it dilutes the experience. I would have rather seen a stand alone model with something more than some flaps and spoilers.

Challengers have the same problem, too many sold...

I have a 2018 GT Premium and there's someone in our neighborhood with one exactly like it LOL. But I agree; everyone and their brother has a Mustang.

Gorgeous and awesome sound. Wonder what pricing will be like - I guess $60k to start.

They'll be 100K with the "dealer adjusted market value" added in. I have the window sticker from my convertible 13 500, 69k + 6K markup, some areas of the country had 10K markups or higher for the 13/14s.

I can not see myself paying list , let alone mark up . I would do without . I am cheap , plus being an old guy . My days of hot cars and fast women are past me . My choice is comfortable , in cars and women ( slowly sneaking up on 40 years with my wife :) ) .

Besides , I can not imagine what I would do with 700 hp . Beside ending up in jail or a coffin . :-(

But , if it is your money , spend it as it pleases you .

I'm really glad I got my '18 Mustang. This will surely trickle down to the lesser models in 2020. YUCK!

Shifter.JPG

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Hellcat Demon will beat the Mustang.

So will the Z06 Corvette...

Originally Posted by thastinger

They'll be 100K with the "dealer adjusted market value" added in. I have the window sticker from my convertible 13 500, 69k + 6K markup, some areas of the country had 10K markups or higher for the 13/14s.

My wife's Ford dealer has a Bullit Mustang with a sticker of ~$53,000, the dealer added $10,000 more for "market adjustment" making it ~$63,000. It's still on the showroom floor with a red tape type barrier to keep the "riff raff" away from touching it
smirk2.gif

Whimsey

Buddy at work has 2014 Shelby Snake that already makes more from the 5.8L Trinity ... has the 3 caliper Brembo's that helped him shut it down from 190

Originally Posted by Whimsey
Originally Posted by thastinger

My wife's Ford dealer has a Bullit Mustang with a sticker of ~$53,000, the dealer added $10,000 more for "market adjustment" making it ~$63,000. It's still on the showroom floor with a red tape type barrier to keep the "riff raff" away from touching it
smirk2.gif

Whimsey

I wonder if people are wising up to the "sucker tax"? Simplest thing is for people to stop paying it and it will disappear. I'd imagine that car will sell for near MSRP without an ADM fee. [censored], NJ isn't that big and IF this is the true price, this can be had under MSRP: 2019 Bullitt

Last edited:
Originally Posted by littleant
Hellcat all the way. But I do like the looks of the mustang

I am with you on this. MSRP on the 2019 base Challenger Hellcat (717 HP) starts at around $60K. Going to be a lot cheaper than the new GT500. If I see a Hellcat selling for a decent discount off MSRP, I am likely to trade in my Charger Scat Pack.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Buddy at work has 2014 Shelby Snake that already makes more from the 5.8L Trinity ... has the 3 caliper Brembo's that helped him shut it down from 190

I have a 13. 662HP/631TQ were the stock numbers for the Trinity motors, only made in 13 & 14 and appear nowhere else except the 500s. Yes, the brakes are amazing but my convertible is electronically governed to 155 MPH so I haven't had to lay on them. The cars are amazing, sneaky speed as you're not rowing gears due to the 3:31 axle ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back