New Ford 7.3 600+ HP w/no turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Hemispheres
Meh, LS7 is old news but still makes more power.

The LS7 was a 505HP high performance Corvette engine. This is a truck engine that they tossed an intake at and did some port work on, completely different things, it's like comparing the Voodoo with a 5.0L truck Coyote.

Give it a few years and it'll be 700+ N/A with gobs of torque.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

The LS7 was a 505HP high performance Corvette engine. This is a truck engine that they tossed an intake at and did some port work on, completely different things, it's like comparing the Voodoo with a 5.0L truck Coyote.

They put a cam in it, too.

600 hp out of an NA 7.3 liter engine is not a difficult task. It's not even in that high of a state of tune, at well less than 100 hp per liter. It just depends on the duty cycle the engineers are looking for in a given application, and the power curve characteristics desired for a given engine. In truck form it's just built and tuned differently than what the priorities would be in a sportscar, or sporty truck.

In an engine designed for use in trucks that will be subjected to commercial use, or used to tow fairly heavy in a private use application, a power curve biased to low-to-mid rpm, engine durability, and as good of fuel economy as can be achieved in that application, are the goal.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

Must have missed that part. Wonder what aftermarket heads are going to be available for this? Definitely an interesting spot to watch.

Must have missed that part. Wonder what aftermarket heads are going to be available for this? Definitely an interesting spot to watch.

May not even need heads. The maybe just fine. Maybe components.

You can get a turn key LSX 454 that is rated for 627. 600hp does not surprise me out of this thing one bit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ls1mike

No, but I'm sure TFS will eventually have a set for it
lol.gif

lol.gif

Yep! LOL. I don't really need heads in my car they are basically LS3 heads. People do it anyway.

lol.gif

Yep! LOL. I don't really need heads in my car they are basically LS3 heads. People do it anyway.

If there's a market, TFS is there! hahaha
grin.gif

It does look LSey, but the LS is good a design and some say the guy who came from Ford helped with it so it has some Ford design to it.

Nothing wrong with making a big LSish motor for this application. They run a long time in 3/4 ton and 1 ton pickups.

This is an awesome truck motor.

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML4SlsScnBY&t=2s

This seems to be the source of the early study and modification work on the Godzilla.
They have four videos up on their website, including a mockup in a Fox body.
They have done flow testing on the stock head, and have gotten 320 cfm, which is about the same as an LS3 head. CNC ported LS3 heads from GM Performance do 350 cfm.
I guess these guys are connected with Ford somehow, otherwise, how could they have designed and made the custom billet intake so quickly?
I don't doubt for a moment that all of the major aftermarket head suppliers are working on great stuff already.

Last edited:

This seems to be the source of the early study and modification work on the Godzilla.
They have four videos up on their website, including a mockup in a Fox body.
They have done flow testing on the stock head, and have gotten 320 cfm, which is about the same as an LS3 head. CNC ported LS3 heads from GM Performance do 350 cfm.
I guess these guys are connected with Ford somehow, otherwise, how could they have designed and made the custom billet intake so quickly?
I don't doubt for a moment that all of the major aftermarket head suppliers are working on great stuff already.

thumbsup2.gif
Really excited to see how well this engine is embraced by the enthusiasts, should be a great option over the old Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back