New Engine, Many Plastic Parts, Special Break-in Oil?

Just got this new 4 cylinder put together and want to break it in right while it’s still on the stand

81FC0395-39BC-4384-A827-F18FE7342B32.jpeg

It’s a neat model with a timing belt, working valvetrain, and spark plugs that light up in time.

I wouldn't dare give advice as to what oil to use for fear you might take it. I will say that is the neatest thing I've seen for a while.😀

Call the kit maker. If you guess and guess wrong, you may wreak a lovely engine. Were there any information in the kit? Maybe no oil is recommended.

I agree it's possible that no oil is recommended...
First, it's not an actual combustion engine.
Also, oil would eventually flow to the bottom and might make it look nasty/messy, which the maker would not want
Very cool though, thanks for posting :D

Whatever you use, make sure to change early, and then change often. Can never be too careful, might wind up with an oil burner otherwise...

Fun project. I remember building one as a kid. But do they still have a distributor? or did they turn the page and go coil on plug?

Whatever you use, make sure to change early, and then change often. Can never be too careful, might wind up with an oil burner otherwise...

Fun project. I remember building one as a kid. But do they still have a distributor? or did they turn the page and go coil on plug?
It has a distributor on the back of the head

Back