New Engine Build Filter recommendation

Hey, I have 1993 LT1 Chevy engine. Newly rebuilt, so it has the extra lubes put in on bearing surfaces etc for initial startup and run.
What filter and oil would you recommend to filter out the extra grease, lubes etc for initial 500 to 1000 miles run of the motor?Thnx
Engine is built with low tension oil rings, otherwise all tolerances are normal for the engine of that era..
Thnx

I´d run the best one possible to get that crap out of there. Fram Ultra. What´s a few extra bucks to protect the investment in that new engine build?

Of course, I do think the Napa Platinum would be just fine, too.

Does the Fram PH30 or PH5 fit it, if so the Fram Pro Synthetic FPS5 filters are on closeout on rock auto right now 2.42/ea + Shipping, if you order a dozen of them they're only like $3/pc

Out of curiosity, why did the builder use low tension rings? Low tension rings are known to cause oil consumption but I'm sure they had a reason.
My 1995 Corvette is all original and has the LT1, it runs awesome.

I guess the LT1 uses the M20x1.5mm mount, so it looks like the Fram Pro Synthetic FPS3980, which is pretty much just an Ultra XG3980 without the grippy paint, would be a good match to the engine, Rock Auto has them on closeout right now for 2.42/ea as well.

Out of curiosity, why did the builder use low tension rings? Low tension rings are known to cause oil consumption but I'm sure they had a reason.

Low tension rings give more HP. Can get away with lower tension rings if the CR is relatively high, which helps seal the rings better during the power stroke.

Its a 396LT1. Everything else is tight, bearings clearances etc. It was also built to handle nitrous...
Original 350 LT1 never used oil. Those were the days. Talking to other 396LT1 owners, 500-700 miles per quart..

Back