New Edge w/ Chrome Engine

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
If the area in black could go away, that would make it a lot easier for me to use.

Does the Esc. key make it go away? Those'll only appear on the "active" field and that's your browser trying to help you out.

The problem is that I am constantly entering different numbers, both part numbers and quantities, so this is really not helping. Hitting ESC makes it go away, but then it appears again right away. I need that whole thing to be turned off permanently.

It'd be overkill, akin to treating head lice with decapitation; but could you live with disabling autofill entirely? I depend on autofill at times for username/ passwords as well as saving me substantial time with my own address, etc. but if you could live without those conveniences maybe shutting the whole thing down would solve your problem. Heck, it might speed the browser up marginally.

If the area in black could go away, that would make it a lot easier for me to use.

Does the Esc. key make it go away? Those'll only appear on the "active" field and that's your browser trying to help you out.

The problem is that I am constantly entering different numbers, both part numbers and quantities, so this is really not helping. Hitting ESC makes it go away, but then it appears again right away. I need that whole thing to be turned off permanently.

It'd be overkill, akin to treating head lice with decapitation; but could you live with disabling autofill entirely? I depend on autofill at times for username/ passwords as well as saving me substantial time with my own address, etc. but if you could live without those conveniences maybe shutting the whole thing down would solve your problem. Heck, it might speed the browser up marginally.

Its for work so I have had it autofill different part numbers and quantities and barely caught before sending the order. This could have been a $100,000+ mistake.

For anyone interested I figured out how to turn it off. Settings: Profiles: Addresses and more. It thought I was entering address information.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Possible reason for snappiness: Built-in ad-blocker. That is worth the price of admission right there.

Another reason is a clean user profile makes a dramatic improvement. I just deleted my Chrome profile in the past week 'cause Chrome was noticeably sluggish. Afterwards, with a new profile built from scratch, I can definitely notice a speed-up.

I have done that multiple times in the past and the effect is minimal and does not last. Google Chrome is a resource hog plain and simple and continues consuming resources even after closing.

Firefox was better at resource management several builds ago, but it too is catching up to Chrome in the bloated arena.

Time will tell if Chromium Edge follows suit, but so far after importing my favorites, it has been great to the point that I have uninstalled all other browsers.

I agree with 2015_PSD on all points about Chrome, Firefox, and Edge itself.

So far Edge Chromium looks good to me, I hope Microsoft keeps it clean for us!

Back