New dodge challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
dodge will make it official today before the firecracker 400...the new challenger will be built by next year...and yes you will be able to get the 425 hp hemi in it...

But if the challenger is sold as auto only (which was my impression) I don't care for it, even if the originals were all sold with auto trans (which was also my impression)...

I just plain dont like auto trans...

425 hp is nice though, and the car is very good looking!

JMH

Doesn't look bad at all. me likey.
smile.gif

-

-

-

A 5 speed manual with the 5.7 HEMI would do it for me though it has to be a hydraulic clutch.

anyone have any insight as to preliminary pricing?

At some price point, youre better off buying a z06 vette...

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by GMGuy:
The car reminds me of an AMC Javelin.

The Javelin was itself a knockoff of the old Challenger design. And since the new Challenger is designed to evoke images of the old, that's why they appear similar.

Interior: Hideous
Exterior: Juicy

Have to see one in person, but why can't they hire good interior people for the US (I know, it's Merc now) labels?

Scott

Originally posted by JHZR2:
[QB] anyone have any insight as to preliminary pricing?

I'm hearing 43-44K for the SRT8 (6.1) and somewhere around 39K for the 5.7. I've also heard rumors of a base model in the upper 29K range for a *gasp* 6 cyl.....This begs the question: if that rumor is true, who in the world would buy one with a 6?

The picture of the drivers area shows a manual trans. Mustang, Corvette use 6-speed manual transmissions. Dodge can buy them from the same supplier. Certifying the car for EPA/DOT vs. cost to do it for the small production numbers=Bean Counters, is another matter. Nice Car!
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
patriot.gif

You could get original Challengers with standard trannys (4 speed). The one-off concept Challenger is a 6 speed manual; 6.1 Hemi with basically a Viper driveline. Supposed to be capable of 0-60 times in mid-4 second range. I've heard rumors the SRT8 (6.1) version of the Challenger will be made only with auto. Personally, as bad as I want one, I'd have to take a pass on the auto.

quote:

Originally posted by ChrycoPsycho:

I'm hearing 43-44K for the SRT8 (6.1) and somewhere around 39K for the 5.7. I've also heard rumors of a base model in the upper 29K range for a *gasp* 6 cyl.....This begs the question: if that rumor is true, who in the world would buy one with a 6?

Well at that price, for the SRT8, id havea hard time justifying not paying an extra $20-25k for a Z06, given its technical superiority, and the fact that it really takes you to the 'next level'... after all, either of the cars would be tough to justify as a daily driver - if I was in the market for a daily driver at that price range, Id be buying a Mercedes-benz turbodiesel and getting 42 MPG in a realtively large, comfortable car.

JMH

I really like 99% of how it looks..but that taillight ugh! does that whole length of the strip light up? where are the backup lights? (are they on either side of the license plate holder? if yes, they're BIG back up lights!)
I want to see this car in jet black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back