New do-it-yourself hoist rental shop

Are you talking about a hoist or a shop. We’re talking about hoists. Or do you mean you would have a car up on a hoist for 80 hours a month. Anyway, hobbyists will pay for the privilege of access to a hoist if they enjoy what the hoist gives them the ability to do, just as leasing a shop gives you the ability to do what you want. All good.
Both. I would need a shop in which to install a hoist. I have a quickjack now, in my shop. Not quite a full hoist, but that's only because the landlord will not allow bolts in the concrete.

Even at hobby shop rates of $4.00/hour, or $25/day, I could easily rack up enough hours of use to have paid for a very nice two post lift.

So, for me, once you have the work space, there is no reason to avoid buying a lift/hoist.

The advantage of the Hobby Shop/Rental, is to be able to do work when you don't have the work space.

Both. I would need a shop in which to install a hoist. I have a quickjack now, in my shop. Not quite a full hoist, but that's only because the landlord will not allow bolts in the concrete.

Even at hobby shop rates of $4.00/hour, or $25/day, I could easily rack up enough hours of use to have paid for a very nice two post lift.

So, for me, once you have the work space, there is no reason to avoid buying a lift/hoist.

The advantage of the Hobby Shop/Rental, is to be able to do work when you don't have the work space.
For sure. Maybe all this will motivate me to finally put a hoist in my shop. :)

Back