New dirt bike oil from Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link: Amsoil Motorcycle Oil

This is their motorcycle oil page, just scroll down to find the 3 viscosities of "dirt" oil. I like the 10w50 for my applications and will be buying a case as soon as my stash of ELF runs oil. Wish they would've brought out a 5w50 for Polaris ATVs and UTVs.

Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
Here's the link: Amsoil Motorcycle Oil

This is their motorcycle oil page, just scroll down to find the 3 viscosities of "dirt" oil. I like the 10w50 for my applications and will be buying a case as soon as my stash of ELF runs oil. Wish they would've brought out a 5w50 for Polaris ATVs and UTVs.

Amsoil specs their somethingW-40 for Polaris since the Polaris stuff just sheared to a 40 in a hurry anyway.

Originally Posted By: brandini

Amsoil specs their somethingW-40 for Polaris since the Polaris stuff just sheared to a 40 in a hurry anyway. [/quote]

Yeah, heard that quite a lot. I've been running Schaefffer's 5w50 in my racing Polaris Scrambler 850, it doesn't shear to a 40 in the interval I'm running and protects very well. I've thought of trying a 40 viscosity oil to see how it would do, but I've had such good results running a 50 viscosity that I'm thinking that I should just leave well enough alone. This is BITOG, however, and we're all afflicted with the same disease.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back