New Corvette for IMSA Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Mid Engine Vette ready for Racing
Chevy claims a new 5.5L flat plane crank coming soon

A3FBEAFC-3FB8-4647-A03B-5DC27732CAD0.jpeg

It would be more impressive if the Vette was engined to stomp any of the super cars, The mustangs, the Hellcats and the Ford GT40s of any year.

Originally Posted by 4WD
So you do like Chevy's !

NO !!!!!!
But I do love good Racing and seeing a Ford kick a Chevys
back side
Just dropped this pic for Racing guys to see

So awesome.

I'll admit that ever since the C3, I have not been a big fan of the Corvette. But I gotta say, if it wouldn't screw up my retirement plan, I'd be laying money down for a 2020. It is so exciting to see all that cool automotive technology available for such a reasonable price.

I hope it kicks butt! And I hope it gives the big Italian boys a run for their money. Make them sweat. A year from now when other models are released, it would be totally awesome to see a ZR-1 beat a $500k Aventador SJV. The numbers for the base model suggest that it is in the ball park. Time will tell if it handles well enough to compete.

Originally Posted by BHopkins
So awesome.

I'll admit that ever since the C3, I have not been a big fan of the Corvette. But I gotta say, if it wouldn't screw up my retirement plan, I'd be laying money down for a 2020. It is so exciting to see all that cool automotive technology available for such a reasonable price.

I hope it kicks butt! And I hope it gives the big Italian boys a run for their money. Make them sweat. A year from now when other models are released, it would be totally awesome to see a ZR-1 beat a $500k Aventador SJV. The numbers for the base model suggest that it is in the ball park. Time will tell if it handles well enough to compete.

If anybody has paid attention around here knows
IM NOT A GM FAN 🤬
But
This new Corvette is a lot of car for the money

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice if the NASCAR cars looked like this ?????

And the Ford in NASCAR was the GT350 ??

And I mean look exactly like those two cars....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Wouldn't it be nice if the NASCAR cars looked like this ?????

And the Ford in NASCAR was the GT350 ??

And I mean look exactly like those two cars....

This is the new car scheduled to be on track in 2021. It is still a prototype. RCR built it in order to test certain systems.

next-gen-main-richmond-625x340.jpg

You know the last year the cars looked anything close to the actual street cars ??

Prior to that year that was always the case.

Amazing to watch the 1979 World 600.... Those big block O' cars rolling around Charlotte motor speedway .. impressive actually.

You know the last year the cars looked anything close to the actual street cars ??

Amazing to watch the 1979 World 600.... Those big block O' cars rolling around Charlotte motor speedway .. impressive actually.

I do enjoy watching the old races when stock cars were somewhat close to stock.........but the big block was long gone before 1979

Originally Posted by kstanf150

I do enjoy watching the old races when stock cars were somewhat close to stock.........but the big block was long gone before 1979

Ya I was going to say, the 358ci engines came in mid 70s IIRC.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by BHopkins
So awesome.

If anybody has paid attention around here knows
IM NOT A GM FAN 🤬
But
This new Corvette is a lot of car for the money

I totally get that. While I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, I vowed to myself that, with the exception of perhaps a truck, I would never own another GM after selling the last one. But the new C8 Corvette would qualify for an exception.

It will win.
It's GM's turn.
When Ford introduced the GT a few years ago, IMSA gave them the golden restrictor, and restricted the Corvette.
Voila! Ford won at LeMans to make a big splash for the 50th anniversary of their win in 1966.
Now, it's GM's turn to get the golden restrictor.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
It will win.
It's GM's turn.
When Ford introduced the GT a few years ago, IMSA gave them the golden restrictor, and restricted the Corvette.
Voila! Ford won at LeMans to make a big splash for the 50th anniversary of their win in 1966.
Now, it's GM's turn to get the golden restrictor.

Oh good lord
Here we go
GM crying ...¢...¢...¢...¢

IMSA didn't give Ford anything

If you go back and look the GT was issued a smaller restrictor and a fuel tank and weight penalty to slow the GT down. And Ford still won ðŸ

Last edited:
GM had to step us their game somehow to beat those FORDS!!!! The Vette used to reign king in IMSA until that little ECOboost V6 came around in the GT... I do like the Vettes though and I'm a die hard ford guy. Its hard to beat the sound of that big ol V8 going around Daytona at the 24 hour race. The Ford sounds horrible in person! Now this new flat plane 5.5 will probably sound wicked! More like a Ferrari or high revving BMW M8 I'm sure.

Anyone know if this new Vette will be at the 24 hours of Daytona for the 2020 race coming here in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back