New Claims from Pennzoil - Ultra vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
Same here Ben. Engine is very quiet on cold start ups with 0w20 AFE.

Same with my Duratechs. Although I don't see any differance between the SM and SN oils.

Originally Posted By: buster
Same here Ben. Engine is very quiet on cold start ups with 0w20 AFE.

I'm using Mobil Super Syn 0w-20 SN for the first time. You guys are right. I absolutely cannot believe how smooth and quiet the engine is. At warm idle, I can't even feel the car running.

I'm about ready to dump my stash of other oils and just use Super Syn exclusively.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Same with my Duratechs. Although I don't see any differance between the SM and SN oils.

I noticed a pretty major difference, in fact SM/GF-4 Mobil 1's general noisiness (between 2005-2007, IIRC) is what drove me to try Pennzoil Platinum for the first time several years ago, which I felt offered an improvement at the time.

Mobil 1 has won me back though.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

I noticed a pretty major difference, in fact SM/GF-4 Mobil 1's general noisiness (between 2005-2007, IIRC) is what drove me to try Pennzoil Platinum for the first time several years ago, which I felt offered an improvement at the time.

grin.gif

I think Mobil 1 is about to win me back too! I started using M1 back in 1988, and went back and forth between it and Amsoil for most of the 90s. I think the last time I put M1 into one of my cars was in 2003. So it's been a while and I'm now thinking it's time to give it another go! I've had great luck with Ultra in my Corvette, but now that it's not available in Canada anymore I'd like to switch to something more readily available. And with all the good things I'm hearing about the SN version of M1, it's really got me wondering how my LS1 engine will like it. So I will be keeping my eyes peeled for M1 sales at Walmart or CT this year! (I won't be changing the oil in the Corvette until probably October or November, so that gives me lots of time to search out the bargains!)

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

grin.gif

I think Mobil 1 is about to win me back too! I started using M1 back in 1988, and went back and forth between it and Amsoil for most of the 90s. I think the last time I put M1 into one of my cars was in 2003. So it's been a while and I'm now thinking it's time to give it another go! I've had great luck with Ultra in my Corvette, but now that it's not available in Canada anymore I'd like to switch to something more readily available. And with all the good things I'm hearing about the SN version of M1, it's really got me wondering how my LS1 engine will like it. So I will be keeping my eyes peeled for M1 sales at Walmart or CT this year! (I won't be changing the oil in the Corvette until probably October or November, so that gives me lots of time to search out the bargains!)

Yea, I have the LS2 (Supercharged) engine in the GTO and am wondering if I should go the M1 route PU or Amsoil ASL... (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back