New Claims from Pennzoil - Ultra vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

Quote:
HOUSTON, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Pennzoil®, America's most trusted motor oil(1), is releasing a new formulation of its most technologically advanced full synthetic, Pennzoil Ultra™. The proprietary formula of Pennzoil Ultra™ motor oil with Hyper Cleansing Technology is designed to far exceed auto manufacturers' most stringent standards for cleanliness and protection(2). No oil – not even Mobil 1 – keeps an engine closer to factory clean than Pennzoil Ultra(3).

The new formulation of the brand's ultra-class synthetic product is the output of a global team of scientists pursuing the goal of producing products that provide the ultimate clean for ultimate performance, and the new formulation does just that. When it comes to pistons, the most difficult part of your engine to keep clean, Pennzoil Ultra keeps pistons up to 25 percent cleaner than Mobil 1(4).

Quote:
(1) Based on a survey of licensed drivers conducted by a leading research firm January 2005 –December 2010.

(2) Based on GF-5, Ford, Chrysler, GM and Ferrari specifications

(3) Based on Sequence VG sludge test using SAE 5W-30

(4) Based on Sequence VG sludge test using SAE 5W-30

(5) Based on Sequence IIIG sludge test using SAE 5W-30

(6) Based on a survey of licensed drivers conducted by a leading research firm January 2005 –December 2010.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/10/4045067/the-newly-reformulated-pennzoil.html#ixzz1dMeOGnfF

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
So, Ultra just got a makeover?

What adjective goes after "hyper"? They should be using that now.

"Ludicrous Cleansing Technology".........anyone ever see Spaceballs? Haha!

Originally Posted By: Brent_G
Thats quite the claim to make. I wish i could get it where i live i would love to try it!

Yeah especially knowing how clean M1 keeps engines. Pennzoil has a good team of chemists so it's definitely possible.

"...piston cleanliness dominance..."

Quite an accomplishment. I use SOPUS prods exclusively, but this kind of statement reeks of the type of marketing hype Castrol uses----I hope there isn't a Johnny dipstick around the corner, or Peter the Piston

Originally Posted By: Brent_G
Thats quite the claim to make. I wish i could get it where i live i would love to try it!

Same here! It makes me so angry that Walmart doesn't carry this oil in Canada anymore!!
mad.gif

Could this have anything to do with the new Qatar plant i've heard so much about?

VOA would be interesting.

They are both excellent lubes. I have now tried the Edge and will never be using it again. M1 and in particular Ultra are the best lubes I have used. I have tried every major "syn" along with Amsoil. I will only be using those products and G-Oil from now on.

Originally Posted By: steve20
"...piston cleanliness dominance..."

Quite an accomplishment. I use SOPUS prods exclusively, but this kind of statement reeks of the type of marketing hype Castrol uses----I hope there isn't a Johnny dipstick around the corner, or Peter the Piston

Nah, I think it's legit. They are using the Seq IIIG to base these claims on. It's different when companies use bogus tests like the 4 ball wear to demonstrate things.

Pennzoil is also probably fighting very hard to reverse their past reputation of making oils that cause sludge. LOL

Originally Posted By: buster
... No oil – not even Mobil 1 – keeps an engine closer to factory clean than Pennzoil Ultra(3).... When it comes to pistons, the most difficult part of your engine to keep clean, Pennzoil Ultra keeps pistons up to 25 percent cleaner than Mobil 1(4).

I have never seen a sludged engine, stuck ring, or carboned valve stem in an engine that ran Mobil 1. How much cleaner than clean does this product make things?

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Yaaawwwnnn... Give it a rest PU. You lost, silly marketing, failed product, NOW more stupid marketing.
I'm a die-hard SOPUS fan, but I have to agree with ^^^

"Other oils keep your engine clean, but our oil keeps engines superhyperMEGA-clean!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back