New Castrol Syntec 0W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was getting 6 quarts off the shelf at Autozone, and after the 5th quart, the rest were a new bottle. What's the deal with this? I want my GC.

I don't have the bottle on me. It said it was still SL. Didn't happen to notice "Made in Germany" on it, but didn't look too hard. Was in a hurry.

They've changed the bottle several times. Did it still say "Made in Germany" on the back? Did it meet the same rigorous spec's?

Is GC the standard formulation now? On the Castrol site, it says it's an SL and meets all the European automaker specifications.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
US made 0w-30?

It exists, yellow bottle labeling is a clue.

That would be some pretty old stuff now, though...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
US made 0w-30?

It exists, yellow bottle labeling is a clue.

Has a yellow line along the top of the label. Is this not the good old stout GC?

Are they done making it? Can I get more? BTW, do you know the 100C cst of this different 0W-30?

They're still making GC. Plenty of it in at local AutoZone stores. PepBoys carries it too, AFAIK.

I think M09.... is the most recent batch... it's usually printed on the bottom of the bottle, and of course it has to say "Made in Germany".

I got 5 bottles of the original "Made in Germany" ones, and then then rest behind them were the ones with a yellow stripe across the top. Didn't see made in Germany on it.

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
I got 5 bottles of the original "Made in Germany" ones, and then then rest behind them were the ones with a yellow stripe across the top. Didn't see made in Germany on it.

You might have been "punked." Those might have been some very old bottles (five years maybe?) of "American Castrol" 0W-30...

I'd return them and get the real thing...

Last edited:
Look at the date codes. If no Made In Germany on it, then it's US stuff.

the newest batch is M09 and has that stupid seal on the bottle opening and the new lid.

I think this time I'll use the 5 bottles of the real GC with the one bottle of the american Castrol. It's a 6 quart sump. I don't feel like going back to the guy who told me at the counter that "Shew, that thar zewo dubwa thiwty myst bee thin as watur' I'll have to get the quarts and out take some pictures later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back