new car- wax, sealant, or ceramic

Has anyone tried the DIY ceramic coating products, for example AvalonKing or CarPro or other similar kits? I have seen YouTubers pushing them and putting them on their vehicles, but have wondered how they really work outside of a veiled advertisement.

The prices of the kits are pretty reasonable, if they truly last. If they are no better than a bottle of TW or Meguiars spray then they are a waste.

Has anyone tried the DIY ceramic coating products, for example AvalonKing or CarPro or other similar kits? I have seen YouTubers pushing them and putting them on their vehicles, but have wondered how they really work outside of a veiled advertisement.

The prices of the kits are pretty reasonable, if they truly last. If they are no better than a bottle of TW or Meguiars spray then they are a waste.
I have ceramic coated plenty of cars, including my own.

They are worth the prep work.

Both cars were done with CQuartz UK 3.0. On average, 2-3 years if the vehicle is washed at least once per month and prep work was done correctly. Need two coats for maximum durability.

Like most things, it doesn't seem there is a silver bullet/clear winner . The system chosen depends on personal preferences and your particular situation. It doesn't seem that you can apply the true coating system and just walk away for 5 years. Time, effort, and a certain amount of $$ is required for all systems. Pick your poison.

LOL, I'm still using my tried and true biannual Zaino detail sessions. Go figure.

good afternoon!!!!

I myself felt that after washing the car, claying, polishing, and alcohol treatment, I might as well use a ceramic coating rather than a wax I must use 4 times a year! why do all that work to have to wax so often.

for better or worse, I just got
clay magic clay. infinite use detail juice
mirror glaze 105 and 205 and pads.
isopropyl alchol
and armor shield ceramic IX
will start Monday.
car is new RDX, 400 miles, sort of a bright metallic red color. hope it needs little polishing. live in Massachusetts, so lots of snow and salt in winter, hot summer. I hope this coating lasts!

thanks everyone and I hope to send pictures.

best,
bob. stay safe.

good morning!

I am about to get a new Acura RDX. I am pretty particular about detailing my cars. OK, should I use the best wax, sealant, or ceramic coating. The price of ceramic coating around me is pretty high, $800 and up to $4,000. I have a 3 year lease, but if I like the car I may buy it at 3 years. I have heard that ceramic coatings really DO last a long time. Live in Massachusetts, salt and snow in the winter.

open to any suggestions!

best regards,
Bob

I use Liquid Glass on all my vehicles, you can purchase it at Advance Auto Parts as they have an exclusive deal to carry it. If your Advance Auto Parts does not have it on the shelf they can order it for you.

I use Liquid Glass on all my vehicles, you can purchase it at Advance Auto Parts as they have an exclusive deal to carry it. If your Advance Auto Parts does not have it on the shelf they can order it for you.
A product as outdated as the container it comes in.

Same goes for Collinite 845 and their entire lineup, yet the products work quite well and are highly regarded by many.
I know people love it and I have some too, but there are easier/better products.

That something has a cult following doesn't necessarily mean it's as great as the cult members think.

I know people love it and I have some too, but there are easier/better products.

That something has a cult following doesn't necessarily mean it's as great as the cult members think.
True, as with so many other products. I feel there is a lot of hype over many of the ceramic products though. Some are quite good, others added words like ceramic and hybrid to the name of the product and the masses piled in. At the end of the day, proving there is any real benefit from one product to another is going to be tough. I discovered the Meguiar's so called ceramic products were all hype. Still I keep an open mind and if something catches my eye I might give it a shot. As always opinions vary with all of these products, and proving how long they last or how well they protect paint is almost impossible.

Back