New car warranty requires "Lexus Certified" mechanics to do routine services?

Lexus dealers have a reputation for having the best customer service. The dealer should easily be able to find any white on red RX450h F Sports currently on the ground in the US, and easily arrange a dealer trade for the closest available one. If I am going to spend $60K for a vehicle, the dealer is going to earn the sale. I am not going to spend large amounts of free time scouring dealer inventory to find one. It should take the sales rep you are working with very little time to query the Lexus system and find such a vehicle.

I found this in just a few minutes:

This one is even closer to Silicon Valley:
Yes, Lexus is known for customer service. I can tell you, no dealer wants to trade a white on red RX450h F Sport. And there would likely be a transportation charge in addition. I have been working on this for months with some of the largest dealers in the nation.

Monterrey is a lousy dealership not known for good deals. I worked with them with no luck.
But good work finding those cars! The F Sports are starting to flow to the dealerships now. 1st it was the RX350, then the 450h and now the 450h F Sports.

By the way, we pick up the car tomorrow.

There’s a Toyota app that has, among other things, the owners manuals, and also communicates with the ECU on our new 4Runner. When I open it, it tells me the mileage, and the tire pressure.

Also gives me the ability to enter service records, which I did when I did the first oil change this week.

Im sure Lexus has a similar app.

There’s a Toyota app that has, among other things, the owners manuals, and also communicates with the ECU on our new 4Runner. When I open it, it tells me the mileage, and the tire pressure.

Also gives me the ability to enter service records, which I did when I did the first oil change this week.

Im sure Lexus has a similar app.
Thank you.

They were not pushy. The finance department asked me who would perform routine maintenance; I said I would. She told me the Lexus warranty might not be honored if the services were not performed by a "Certified Lexus" tech. Apparantly the service gets logged into a Lexus database by the tech.
That's all. I know she was trying to sell me a service contract for the 5 year warranty period. Of course I declined...

Wow.

The dealer should easily be able to find any white on red RX450h F Sports currently on the ground in the US, and easily arrange a dealer trade for the closest available one.
If the vehicles are as in demand as the OP is saying, maybe those other dealers will just turn down the "trade". They may be able to sell them for over-MSRP on their own but can't do that with a trade arrangement.

Drove to Petaluma today, north of San Francisco. Beautiful day. The stiffer suspension is sooooo much better than the non F Sport. Not squishy...
PXL_20210220_212625508.jpg
PXL_20210220_014547949.jpg

From the 2021 ES350 Warranty manual:

WHERE TO GO FOR MAINTENANCE
Lexus recommends having maintenance performed by an authorized Lexus dealership. However, you may have maintenance performed on your vehicle by any qualified person or facility. Lexus dealership technicians are specially trained to maintain and repair Lexus vehicles. They stay current on the latest service information through Lexus Technical Service Information Bulletins, service publications and training courses. Many are also certified through the Lexus Commitment to Perfection Certification Program, which requires specialized, state-of-the-art training as well as rigorous exams through both Lexus and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). You can be confident you’re getting the best possible service for your vehicle when you take it to a Lexus dealership. Plus, a Lexus dealership will always use Genuine Lexus Parts designed specifically for your vehicle.

Same verbiage on the RX warranty manual

Just salesman saying things....this is never the case with a new vehicle warranty.

Lexus recommends having maintenance performed by an authorized Lexus dealership. However, you may have maintenance performed on your vehicle by any qualified person or facility.
This is almost exactly what the finance gal said to me. She did use the term, "Certified Lexus".
Thanks for the post. FYI, I ain't sweating it.

From the 2021 ES350 Warranty manual:

Lexus recommends having maintenance performed by an authorized Lexus dealership. However, you may have maintenance performed on your vehicle by any qualified person or facility. Lexus dealership technicians are specially trained to maintain and repair Lexus vehicles. They stay current on the latest service information through Lexus Technical Service Information Bulletins, service publications and training courses. Many are also certified through the Lexus Commitment to Perfection Certification Program, which requires specialized, state-of-the-art training as well as rigorous exams through both Lexus and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). You can be confident you’re getting the best possible service for your vehicle when you take it to a Lexus dealership. Plus, a Lexus dealership will always use Genuine Lexus Parts designed specifically for your vehicle.

Same verbiage on the RX warranty manual

You left out this:
However, damage or failures caused by improper maintenance or repairs are not covered under warranty.
And this:
Maintenance and repairs not performed by an authorized Lexus dealership should be performed by a qualified technician following procedures in Lexus service and repair publications
A “qualified technician” as defined by Lexus is one who has completed Lexus Certification program and displays the certificate for public viewing, e.g. on the wall in the customer area.

Thanks for the post. FYI, I ain't sweating it.
No one will just let this drop huh ? :ROFLMAO:

You left out this:
However, damage or failures caused by improper maintenance or repairs are not covered under warranty.
I think everyone understands that this is obvious. It would even apply to a "Lexus qualified technician" if they didn't follow proper procedures.

Back