New Car Shortage?

Passed my local Buick/GMC Dealer today. Very few cars on his lot. Why? Only answer I get from sales person is that they sell a lot of cars. I know he is not truthful (puffing).

Ford dealer across the street Also low on cars

Is it something to do with parts or chip shortage?

Kia and Hyundai dealers a couple miles down the road have plenty of cars, and both of those dealers sell a lot of cars.

Looks to be hitting the TV/electronics industry too. Was looking to buy a new Sony OLED or LCD this year. Wait and see what happens.

Must not be any shortage of Buick Encore GX's. My local dealer just got in about 3 truckloads of matching units in white, all equipped the same. I assumed it was a fleet deal for a local company. Nope... they're all sitting on the lot, for sale.

Must not be any shortage of Buick Encore GX's. My local dealer just got in about 3 truckloads of matching units in white, all equipped the same. I assumed it was a fleet deal for a local company. Nope... they're all sitting on the lot, for sale.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are just loading up on whatever inventory they can get. The pickings are very slim at our local dealers.

TSMC, a semiconductor manufacturer, is basically at capacity and currently in a very careful balancing act of getting what they can out. And it’s not just automotive.... try to find I stock PS5/Xbox Series X, AMD RYZEN CPU’s, or literally any GPU right now, might as well play the lottery!

We just got a whole bunch of identical white Equinoxes in. They are very basic, fleet looking models. Maybe it's the result of expected fleet sales falling through and they are unloading them at dealers.

We were almost out of new vehicles of all kinds during the summer, but we've had tons of new SUVs and trucks since winter.

TSMC, a semiconductor manufacturer, is basically at capacity and currently in a very careful balancing act of getting what they can out. And it’s not just automotive.... try to find I stock PS5/Xbox Series X, AMD RYZEN CPU’s, or literally any GPU right now, might as well play the lottery!
I think I saw a $180 GPU I wanted to buy last year listed for $600 these days....

Back