New car = new adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow I will be married for 28 fun filled years. The wife has been driving a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible for a number of years now and it's really starting to shake and rattle as it rolls.

I talked to her about a new car. "No way," says she.

I bump up pictures on the internet of new cars I think she would like.

She questions my sanity and the location of my brain with statements like: "Have you lost your mind?"

I assure her my mind is located where it's always been, but she will not budge.

Finally, after being stone walled on every front, she says, "The only kind of car I want is the kind I already have!"

I take this as a challenge.

A lengthy internet search finally reveals a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible. It's a dead on match, even the same color. I go, I chat, I wheel and deal, I buy.

I tell the saleman I will need someone to follow me home as I want the car in my driveway before wife arrives home from work. "No problem," says he.

Before we leave, I go inside to use the bathroom as all this excitement has me urgently needing to answer natures call.

I do what I need to do and come back outside ready to take my wheels home.

I see a car parked in the parking lot with the motor running, the windows are heavily tinted, but I can see the man behind the wheel is wearing a blue shirt, just like my salesman buddy.

I walk over to the car to give him directions to my house when he starts to drive off. I tap on his drivers side window with my finger to get him to stop.

He stops, he rolls down the window, it's not my salesman. In an angry tone he says, "What?!?!"

"I'm so sorry," say I, "I thought you were someone else."

He replies, "Tap on my window again and see what happens."

Having bought a car for my wife per her instructions, I was in a playful mood. So I tapped again and asked, "What do I win?"

My wife loves the car.

Nice =) Lower miles I am guessing? Hard to believe both are 2004's yet one is going off a cliff and the other is fine. Glad she likes it though.

Hope your wife likes the car, and yes, there are people like the guy in the other car everywhere. In fact, there are too many like him these days. Just generally nasty people. You'll have a tendency to see them if you need to change lanes (he will be the guy who speeds up to block you), merge, etc.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy

Having bought a car for my wife per her instructions, I was in a playful mood. So I tapped again and asked, "What do I win?"

I'm surprised that anybody rolls down their window anymore. A little over a month ago, I was riding in a pickup with my co-worker driving. We were stopped at a red light with another car in front of us. The guy in front of us gets out of his car and walks back to our pickup. Thinking that the guy was going to ask for directions, my co-worker rolls down his window and about that time, without warning, the guy punches my co-worker. The guy who punched my co-worker then runs back to his car and drives off, hitting the green light perfectly. The punch was witnessed by over a dozen people and they called the police, who then had him arrested for battery, although he wasn't arrested for about 20 miles down the road. My co-worker had a shiner for about a week.
Moral of the story: Don't roll down your window, or at least don't roll down your window down enough that a fist can get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back