New car lots are empty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend called me from MI yesterday and said that she could not find a Dodge Caliber in the whole state. ok, fine... I saunter over to my local Dodge dealer today and..... the lot is empty! they would normally have 100+ new cars on the lot... they had maybe 6 new cars/trucks. period!!!???!!!

another friend wanted to "klunk" his old Explorer for an Escape... could not find one!

There's typically a car in the pipeline that will immediately replace one that's sold from inventory.

Months of stagnant sales means that a sudden uptick in sales will quickly deplete the supply chain.

Same here. It's really stunning how empty they are, even the big name (local) dealers. I was trolling the local lots on Sunday (closed) to see the "clunkers" out back. It's really shocking what is deemed no longer usable. I saw a nice Ram that looked to be no older than a 2003, really in nice shape, with "Clunker" written on the windshield, in the same row with the others. Nothing trading in looked as bad as what I have driven in the past when I was young...er.

I'm thinking prior to Cash for Clunkers they didn't want inventory, so whatever they had for spot delivery quickly moved out. My bet is they still don't want inventory because when the money falls off the Clunker tree auto sales with take a big C-R-A-P again!

Every morning I drive past a Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealer. Seems like they have plenty of fairly new cars in the used lot, a white Mustang, a blue Honda Accord, a white Park Avenue like mine. They have Lucernes, LaCrosses, and G6 Pontiacs lined up in front of the new car showroom, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back