New car for my Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2012 Scion TC 6-speed manual.
To; 2014 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0T Premium auto.

IMG_0628_zpsjjiei3qy.jpg

Nice car! Nice to have something you don't see everyday.

Note: If that coupe has doors without window frames, DON'T shut the door by pushing the window glass. It can make the window(s) a tad loose overtime and they wont seal against the weatherstripping, making them leak air and be noisy at freeway speeds.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Very Nice! She must be super excited!
laugh.gif

Yes, my lovely wife of nearly 31 years is very excited.

Yes, bought in Fort Wayne.

I have no Idea what oil to run. The OM lists 5W-30 or 5W-40. Hyundai recommends QS oils. I have a pretty good stash of 5W-30 M1 and PP, so I'll probably start with that. I was surprised (and somewhat delighted) to find out the motor is not DI. Not that there is anything wrong with DI (my GTI has it), just one less thing to think about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Very Nice! She must be super excited!
laugh.gif

Yes, my lovely wife of nearly 31 years is very excited.

Yes, bought in Fort Wayne.

I have no Idea what oil to run. The OM lists 5W-30 or 5W-40. Hyundai recommends QS oils. I have a pretty good stash of 5W-30 M1 and PP, so I'll probably start with that. I was surprised (and somewhat delighted) to find out the motor is not DI. Not that there is anything wrong with DI (my GTI has it), just one less thing to think about.

Small world. That is where my mom bought hers.

The OM seems to be a bit lacking in explaining what oil it really needs. A member here (wemey?) asked the dealer what oil they would use in this turbo'd engine and it was simple quaker state green bottle 5w30 IIRC.

M1 (or any quality synthetic or blend) should work just fine for your car IMO.

Maybe some of my crushed oil filters are in there
wink.gif
Our scrap yard here sends it to SK for the cars & smart phones. lol

Thanks guys, have never owned a white car, or a Hyundai before. We'll see how it goes.
So we go to leave the dealer Saturday night, they are closing for the day, the TPMS is going off. I go back to the service dept. to see if anybody is still there to check the tires. A couple of kids are back there. They have me pull the car in, I tell them the placard says 35 pounds. They have a stick gauge and proceed to air up the tires. TPMS is happy and we drive home. Me being OCD, I check the tires in the morning. They are at 55 pounds, left front is at 60. I don't know if they thought I said 55 or if their stick gauge was whacked. Crazy.

Last edited:
This is a REAR wheel drive model correct?

If it is I am surprised because Hyundai never advertises it as such even though it is a huge positive when considering sporty cars.

I have seen a lot of these things around my area lately, Hyundai must be pushing them with low prices and incentives.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
This is a REAR wheel drive model correct?

If it is I am surprised because Hyundai never advertises it as such even though it is a huge positive when considering sporty cars.

I have seen a lot of these things around my area lately, Hyundai must be pushing them with low prices and incentives.

Yes Rear wheel drive. This is a leftover 2014 and they were willing to deal.
We were also looking at and drove the Subaru BRZ which is much smaller. This turned out to be a nicer car for us for daily use.
We don't see very many of these or BRZ/FRS in our area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back