New car alert! 2022 Mazda CX-5 carbon edition

My mom had been driving a Lincoln MKC for the past 4 years and it was a nice car but it had it fair share of issues. Lots of minor bugs and silly inconvenience and a few large repairs like the transmission. It was starting to show its age with rust in the bottom of the doors and under carriage. Now with 121,000 miles the electric steering rack went out making all kinds of noise and stiff steering. She traded it is as is for $11,000 on a Mazda CX-5 Carbon edition. It’s a nice little ride with hopefully less problems. Dealer had it for only 2 days.

Attachments

• D513BB4A-5D10-46CC-B28E-CD43F0F79985.jpeg
    D513BB4A-5D10-46CC-B28E-CD43F0F79985.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 4078ACAA-1E42-4044-8A71-7C45E0970FCE.jpeg
    4078ACAA-1E42-4044-8A71-7C45E0970FCE.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 212
Great interior and exterior color combo. I just got my '19 GT a few months ago and other than poor gas mileage, it's been amazing. I'm jealous that red didn't come in the GT, I love that interior.

That's a good looking ride! The Carbon editions do look great. We've been looking at the car market for my Wife even though she is probably a year or two from getting something, but If we had to pick right now, it would more than likely be a CX5 or CX9. You simply cannot beat what you're getting for the price in terms of looks, interior quality, and reliability. Cheers! 🍻

Mazda generally has a very high customer satisfaction rating. I can attest to this as we had a 1st gen('04-'09) 2006 Mazda3i for 9 yrs and it was indeed nice to drive. As Consumer Reports once mentioned..."Mazda's customer satisfaction is off the charts"...in the good way.

Congrats on the new vehicle. It sounds like she was due for a new one. I’m just one opinion, but the red seats look cheap. Reminds me of old cars with worn out seats and someone puts aftermarket seat covers on it. Red seats should have came with red door panel inserts or some other red accented panels to compliment the red seats. I hope she gets many good years out of her new vehicle.

We had a 1st gen Ford Fusion that had a lot of Mazda DNA and it was a great car. Hoping that the CX-5 will not disappoint
Mazda has taken things to a slightly higher level than many of its competitors as they are attempting to compete in two different categories. In their lower & mid trim levels, they’re competing with the mainstream vehicles in its class. However in their top trim level, they want to compete with the more premium vehicles.

Congrats on the new vehicle. It sounds like she was due for a new one. I’m just one opinion, but the red seats look cheap. Reminds me of old cars with worn out seats and someone puts aftermarket seat covers on it. Red seats should have came with red door panel inserts or some other red accented panels to compliment the red seats. I hope she gets many good years out of her new vehicle.
It does have red accent stitching thru out the interior

My mom had been driving a Lincoln MKC for the past 4 years and it was a nice car but it had it fair share of issues. Lots of minor bugs and silly inconvenience and a few large repairs like the transmission. It was starting to show its age with rust in the bottom of the doors and under carriage. Now with 121,000 miles the electric steering rack went out making all kinds of noise and stiff steering. She traded it is as is for $11,000 on a Mazda CX-5 Carbon edition. It’s a nice little ride with hopefully less problems. Dealer had it for only 2 days.
I really regret selling our 16 mazda 6gt. It was bulletproof.
Our 15 odyssey is a POS parts monster.
If mazda made a minivan, would have bought 1 in a second.

Back