New Caprice, not the PPV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving home this morning I saw a Caprice. It was not a PPV however. I didn't know they were offering it for civilians? It had a normal plate, and a salesguy-type driving it.
Fill me in.....

There was a dealer that accidentally discovered they could sell them to civilians. That loophole was supposedly closed.

Bet that was an undercover cop, or probably just a supervisor who just likes a "smooth top" car.

I suppose a municipality that really liked chevies might put their code enforcement officer and other employees in a cop spec caprice.
32.gif
I know a guy who fresh out of college got a gov't job doing "urban renewal" in Ithaca, NY. Got an old cop car with gov't plates and a police radio, and thumbs up from cops he'd see out on the road.

The only other info I have is that it was from Michigan.....
At first, I thought it was a Canada car as I see Acura "Civics" and Chevy "Astras" up there all the time, but sure enough it was American-registered.

My opinion on it: Loved the front and sides, but the rear end looks like it was cobbled together from the 2004 Malibu/current Impala.

10411935.jpg

A Michigan plate increases the chances that it is a part of the GM Executive motor pool, or a "test" car that is loaned out to the media.

Also, what would stop a dealer from putting a quick 500 or 1000 miles on it as a dealer demo, and then selling it to whoever they wanted to?

Thats my guess...either it was a press pool car or possibly a GM mule.

Did you notice if the plate was mostly white with green and blue stripes, or was it blue with white letters or white with blue letters? Did the plate say manufacturer or dealer across the bottom?

It was in no way covered up or hiding anything.
I saw this car about 2 hours south of Detroit in Ohio, heading south.
The plate was white with the upper and lower blue stripes....no yellow or green, and it didn't say dealer or manufacturer either. That's why I was so surprised to see it.

Honda, at the Marysville plant in Ohio, has dozens of company cars with standard Ohio civilian plates on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back