New Borla exhaust for the Track Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil MTF is good stuff. I use it in my Cruze's transmission. It keeps that also known to be finicky gearbox shifting well. Mine's known for a 1-2 grind and a 4th gear rattle. Amsoil MTF eliminated both of those in 98% of my driving, even spirited driving with the tune on this car. Every once in a great while it'll grind 2nd or rattle 4th. That usually happens when it's time to change it, though!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Volvohead
How cold can it get in Santa Barbara?

I kind of like the idea of pixie-dust-infused German juice to settle down a cranky Chinese gear box.

It would make the Elves proud. Very BITOGish.

In the dead of winter when I have to bust out the Carhartt Duck jacket up to walk to the car it is like down to the 40s.

The Dual Clutch fluid is also from Germany and actually costs more than the XTM5QS fluid, $29.68/qt vs $21.31/qt. The shifting is now a lot better, I think just driving it and working the air bubbles out of the hydraulic clutch system is helping a lot. I totally spaced and forgot to convert the clutch system to the Holden Monaro remote reservoir before getting everything done.

O and my mileage has dropped to 14.4 now, oops...

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
. . .O and my mileage has dropped to 14.4 now, oops...

Ha ha! Your mileage should go up a little with a performance exhaust, not down. Sounds like you're breaking it in the fun way.

Mmmmm, better take that brick out of your boot when you get around to it.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back