New bird testing thin air airport!

Well, it is that time when Boeing tests new airplanes. We can see here in COS all kinds of birds, pretty much anything military that flies, but then also diverted traffic from Denver, so interesting birds like B747, A350 etc. are not uncommon.
But, this one was a treat:

DSC04739.jpg
DSC04770.jpg
DSC04802.jpg
DSC04809.jpg
DSC04812.jpg
DSC04823.jpg
DSC04819.jpg
DSC04815.jpg

So they don't dress it up in all sorts of weird things like how carmakers and photographers do a little dance where the carmakers try to hide what they're testing?

what a beauty !

Look at that wing and tail!

That plane should have oodles of rudder authority.

So they don't dress it up in all sorts of weird things like how carmakers and photographers do a little dance where the carmakers try to hide what they're testing?

Because it was already launched in the press.

the secret CamO on autos is to save impact for launch.

And notice the fold-up wingtips. Something else for all us cabin co-pilots to check during taxi out…

I believe the 777x is actually a bit longer than a 747-8 probably making it the longest airliner (I'll have to look that up) and it has a new carbon composite wing.

The 777 looks out of place by the hangar ( size. )

Last edited:
I like those folding wingtips. I got to fly business class on a Delta 777-200LR back in 2013 from Atlanta to Johannesburg. That’s a long time over water with 2 engines! By far the largest plane I’ve ever been on and at 6’4” 225 the biz seat/pod was a blessing for 16 hours.

Back