New BG Lifetime Protection Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bgprotectionplan.com/protection-plan.html
http://www.bgprotectionplan.com/printout/ProPlanDetails.pdf

It used to be 150k, now they've raised to "lifetime." They've also loosened the requirement on the initial service-- you can have up to 75k and still qualify. They also added transferability of the policy.

The cooling system plan is a very good deal. It covers both radiators and water pumps. For instance, if you own a Toyota 2GR-FE, a water pump job costs over $1200, so this is one heck of a steal as long as BG stays in business.

The transmission coverage is only $1000 if you get the first service after 36k (but under 75k), but it's better than nothing. I'll have to seriously look into this for the Corolla's upcoming trans service.

The 2GR-FE doesn't cost $1200 for a water pump replacement. I know the manual for the Camry/Lexus says "remove the engine" but I have spoken to four dealers who remove the fender well and get it for about $400.

30k OCI's for everything but engine oil.
5K OCI's for engine oil/filter.

F%#*@ing jerks must've read my posts. 30k gear oil, ATF, PSF, coolant flushes...... will lead to a 'lifetime'.
5k OCI's for the engine for the typical consumer should be 'safe'. I wonder if there is a 'time' limit also(hint owners manual).

All service must be done by a BG shop.
Plan 1 starts at 0-36k
Plan 2 @ 36k-75k

Plans have different reimbursement limits on 'insurance' provided for failed parts.

Depending on mileage of your vehicle, pick your plan.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
So how does this work? If you have a receipt that shows BG fluid was used in a part that failed, you get money?

Something along those lines. But I think you have to file a claim with them first and let them do their inspection.

As long as you start the maintenance within the required plans, and as long as ONLY BG services the components, you get to file the claim. They also may require a fluid sample and even the 'old' parts.

BG is not snake oil (close to it IMO) but certainly not needed with normal maintenance. And, like most warranties they are not worth the paper they are printed on when it comes to collection time. The attorney costs, documentation needed to prove a claim just is not worth the hassle if something should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back