new beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get a pic of the transmission pan. Previous owner hit some huge rocks. Not leaking though. Don't plan any trans maintenance. Yes I know the trans is kind of a gamble in these things.

I love the treasure you found in the car. My $700 '97 Camry had the following in the trunk (I'm forgetting a few things, I'm sure)

Previous owner's tax return and a few pay stubs
A card from a speed dating service
Three sets of jumper cables
Two bottles of green tire slime
A tire pressure gauge
A bag full of hardcover books from some library that were due back a long time ago
Some framed pictures and picture frames
An umbrella
Assortment of petty change and pens
A cute little gavel that said "United States Supreme Court" on it
A Santa lawn gnome with a light bulb inside
A Luke Skywalker toy in its original box
A set of two threaded dumbbells with 2.5, 5 and 10lb weights each (my favorite)
A couple screwdrivers and a knife, just like above
A jug of antifreeze (green)
A new in box little sampler vial of blue Polo cologne
Some clothes hangers
A green tie
And whatever other small and relatively immaterial things I forgot to mention.
:)

Found some loose prescription meds!

Don't get excited, they look like 800 mg ibuprofen.

Ship name is "The Pride of Baltimore".... ho hum.

Previous cars have given me a roll of nickels, all rolled up, a gun scope I got $32 for on ebay, a bed bath & beyond gift card with a remaining balance, two seperate fram PH16s for two seperate dodge dakotas, lots of ice scrapers...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
taurus009.jpg

OT, but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_of_Baltimore

A co-worker's boyfriend is a crew member on the Pride of Baltimore II as I type. She and her boyfriend have both served as crew members on it. She tells me that the ship is being secured ahead of TS Hannah.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Labor rate to replace the Radiator is 5.5 hrs. Let me know when you cross that bridge.

I'm there!
15.gif

Job's done. The AT cooler quick connects proved to be jammed so I hit 'em with a propane torch and melted 'em out.

Chris was about right on the 5.5 hours, except I'm not a trained tech, and never done one of these before.

If you have a taurus, change your antifreeze!!! What came out was very nasty.

I have a 98 version, Daughter has a 96. We changed out her engine just after we bought it.

I paid way more for hers with a bad engine......
You guys could be implicated for murder and start an Ebay business all at the same time.

I just did my radiator as well. I can think of more fun things to do than that.

Sometime in the last four years, yes indeed.
wink.gif

It went to someone for their first car. They looked at the PRNDL and said oh it's just like the drivers ed car. They found their way out of my driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back