New Baseball Bat, only 20 Thousand Dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay Listing
LOL.gif

I like how he says a pro ball player breaks on average 120 bats per season. So do pro ball players pay for their own bats? How many non pro players break 120 bats a season? Or a lifetime? And I don't think a pro ball player has the time to send it off and wait for him to make him a new one. I think the name of the bat is very appropriate!

I feel like asking him how old he is. I'll explain that I'm getting it for my grandson ..and he's not quite 3. Since the lifetime warranty is really limited to his lifetime, I want to know his age and the substance of his estate.

Northern White Ash
Rock Hard Birch
White Hard Rock Maple
Hard & Heavy Hickory

Are these actual tree species or are they specialized, trade-marked, trade secret grades of wood that the rest of the world doesn't know about?

And where in the world is this guy getting the idea that birch is "rock hard"? Check out the Janka scale.

Clark

I know, the idea that this guy can somehow get super grades of wood not available to others is pretty funny.
Birch is fairly hard and there are several different types that vary quite a bit in hardness. One is listed as comparable to maple.

White Ash is a species. I think northern just signifies that it is grown in a climate suitable to good wood structure for the bats. Slower growing is better for denser wood.

Never heard of Rock Hard Birch, but then I am mostly only familiar with Michigan trees.

I believe there is a Rock Maple, but never heard of the white hard part.

There are many hickorys, but "Hard and Heavy" must be indicating the particular selection of wood. Funny thing, I read hickory was given up because it was too heavy, but coming back because new drying methods were making it so they could get ligher weight.

If you look at his other Ebay listings or store, you can buy a single bat without warrant for IIRC maybe about $80 or so. Still, I would get a Louisille Slugger for less than half that.

He also sells billets for those who want to turn their own bats. You can't get them at Home Depot or your local lumber yard.

Being a forester I couldn't pass the opportunity to point out that none of those tree names are used in the industry. White ash is a tree species (Fraxinus americana, for those so interested) but it is never referred to as 'Northern' White ash. Same with 'rock' hard maple. Just marketing hype that makes him look like a fool to me.

Clark

Originally Posted By: ClarkB
Being a forester ...
Clark
I started on the same route, but in my senior year in forestry school, a speaker told us that "foresters are a dime a dozen and willing to work for peanuts." Ended up working in a totally different field. Still, had a lot of fun in forestry school and the BSF degree did help me get my job in the general sense of having a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back