New assignment, new duties, less posting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be around, but during day hours starting tomorrow into the future, M-Th, I will be off the net for the most part. Good for the eyeballs. I will respond early AM or early evening if necessary.
grin2.gif

Sounds like a blessing. I should put in for a field position. Best job I ever had was summers as a grad student working in urban forestry. They gave me a truck, a chipper, a chain saw, some rakes and a summer hire high school kid. We'd pretty much do whatever needed to be done from trimming smaller trees (I did not have the high ranger as the regular tree trimming crew ran that) to clearing vines and brush blocking sidewalks. Was always in top physical shape without having to do supplemental exercises that are so necessary with a desk job. Alas, the job didn't pay well.

I remember doing landscaping work back when I was in school. Despite the Florida heat and the fact that it paid minimum wage, I liked it. Something about working with nature and getting to move around... always got a good night's sleep after a hard day's work.

Originally Posted By: msparks
I don't think anyone is going to catch up to his post count anytime soon.

Work, what's that?

Garry allen's close...

I'm in the same boat, since the Nazis at work are watching my productivity like a hawk during this recession. I've kept my posting and BITOG browsing to a minimum.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Can I fill in at your position while you're away? I could use a paycheck while I'm on BITOG
grin2.gif

as Postking? I didn't know that was a paying position
wink.gif
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Can I fill in at your position while you're away? I could use a paycheck while I'm on BITOG
grin2.gif

wink.gif
grin2.gif

Ever see that X-File where Mulder got swapped with that Area 51 guy? He coped with the X-Files being shut down and had no problem doing "research" in the form of playing PC Golf......all day.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
grin2.gif

wink.gif
grin2.gif

Ever see that X-File where Mulder got swapped with that Area 51 guy? He coped with the X-Files being shut down and had no problem doing "research" in the form of playing PC Golf......all day.
grin2.gif

Great episode. He swapped with Michael McKean, didn't he?

I'm in a similar situation myself. I switched jobs back in January and had severe paranoia for about 3 months about posting. Got over it when I saw my supervisor reading Real Clear Politics all the time and a co-worker bidding on GunBroker. But tomorrow I'm moving from a temporary back office to one next to my supervisor's. So alas, I think my internet activities will be severely curtailed (if not eliminated) while I write integrated resource management plans and all sorts of other good stuff. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back