New Apple BEV? !

Guess Apple products have their place, just too simple for me. Find the Android platform much more technical.

I've owned tons of Android phones, tablets....etc. Currently have several Android tablets for the kids. When I had a Samsung Galaxy phone I rooted it, installed Cyanogenmod and did the same with my Lenovo android tablet when it got obsoleted by Lenovo. Also had A Nexus 4, which was probably the best Android device I've owned, since it actually continued to receive updates from Google unlike all the rest of them.

And that's my biggest gripe with Android. I started on Blackberry, then went Android, then went Microsoft, then went iPhone, then went Android, then went back to iPhone and that's where I've stayed because Apple supports their products far longer than most manufacturers support their android devices. An iPhone 6S is still supported by Apple right now and I'm using an iPhone 12! That's a pretty long support cycle. Current version of IOS is 14.3, how many Android phones from 2015 are currently provided with an upgrade to Android 11?

IPhones just "work", and, since I work in IT, I've become quite comfortable with my phone just working. My old Mac Pro may get a makeover with Linux here shortly since Apple has finally stopped (officially) providing it with the latest versions of Mac OS. It's a 10 year old computer! Yes, it'll run Windows 10, but that's no fun ;)

I also have a Macbook Pro, 2015 vintage, battery still holds a great charge, it's on MacOS Big Sur (the latest) and runs it like a champ. It's the best notebook I've owned, and I've owned a lot of them.

Apple products definitely have their place and it isn't just in the halls of worship for those devoted to the brand ;)

Really? Apple flame wars went out of style at least a decade ago, if not longer. At least get with the program and make it a Tesla vs. everyone else contest. Plenty of people are game for those.

But honestly, nobody cares. Use whatever you like.

Back